Majority of the fans at Title game will be for Notre Dame

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good time to point out again that ND had an extra week to order tickets because they already knew they were going. That's enough to make a substantial difference...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Subthread: Do ND fans cheer like SEC fans do? My friend who saw a big game in South Bend said he was shocked how many of the fans just sat in their seats looking entitled. I'm not suggesting no one cheers, just wondering if the contrast he described is real.

Even if so, I realize those may not be the same fans that attend this game.
I have heard the same. But I'm guessing that the fans that travel to this game will be loud.

ND1976

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 4, 2012
Subthread: Do ND fans cheer like SEC fans do? My friend who saw a big game in South Bend said he was shocked how many of the fans just sat in their seats looking entitled. I'm not suggesting no one cheers, just wondering if the contrast he described is real.

Even if so, I realize those may not be the same fans that attend this game.
Nope. The student section is really loud, and I was really loud when I was in it. But a lot of the crowd only gets loud for big plays.

Last edited:

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
As to the question of whether they cheer or not - the answer is mostly not.

I have been to the ND - Michigan game at the Big House and at Notre Dame. Neither stand anywhere close to being as loud as Bama, Florida, Tennessee, or even Ohio State. Student sections are loud but not the rest of the stadium. That being said traveling fans tend to be louder, but I wouldn't expect them to match what we are used to seeing.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
I'm here at the stadium and we are out numbered right now 3 or 4 to 1.Our student will call line is very long compared to theirs.And yes,their fans are as arrogant as they come.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have no doubt that ND will be better represented. They have sucked for 25 years. Will not impact the game.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Doesn't matter how many are in the stadium. Something tells me there won't be that many come the end of the game. And that makes me sad because I want them to hear Rammer Jammer. :)

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Question for fans at the game: what did the crowd split end up being?

Watching it on TV, it seemed like it was at least 50/50 Alabama but they may have been because Alabama was making all the good plays. Notre Dame boards felt like it was sounded like a ND home game and a very ND heavy crowd.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
About 60-40 for them until halftime. Then the crowd demographic shifted considerably in the crimson direction.

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
I'd say it was at least 60% ND until 35-0. The row behind us was filled with loud Irish that were laying down the smack pretty thick prior to kick off. It got church baptism quiet after 14-0.

I was happy to see that all the Alabama fans in our area acted like they had been there before (they had) and celebrated with class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.