Majority of the fans at Title game will be for Notre Dame

uafootball92

1st Team
Sep 21, 2005
St. Charles, Missouri
They are speculating in ND land that tickets are too expensive for Bama fans to attend the title game in Miami.

"i think such high ticket prices push a lot of bama faithful fans out of the stadium....it will be a 70-30 ND crowd"

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notre-dame-game-day/78396-jan-7-bcs-national-championship-alabama-238.html
Us "poor" Alabamians must not be able to afford this rich-folk things. We must not do too bad, having the 2nd-richest grossing program in the country

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
If these people saw the million dollar motor homes across campus in Tuscaloosa and road games, they'd have another opinion of the wealth available with Bama fans.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
We are accustomed to outnumbering rival fans wherever we play, being known as one of, if not the best, traveling fan bases in the country. We outnumbered the Texas fans in '09, in Dallas. I don't think anyone has suggested they don't have the money to travel. As far as selling out Dublin, gimme a break... :D
You mean Pasadena?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Aw shucks, dem tickets too spensive fer mah white trash soul. Imma buy two mason jars of white lightning n beat mah wife n dawg affer da game.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
They must imagine Honey Boo Boo, when they think of the south. Lol.
Don't kid yourself. A lot of them think exactly that. Mainly because its the easy stereotype, and nobody who they think matters calls them on it.

The Deep South by no means has a monopoly on stereotypical prejudice. It does, however, hold a monopoly on being criticized for it as a people.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
They are speculating in ND land that tickets are too expensive for Bama fans to attend the title game in Miami.

"i think such high ticket prices push a lot of bama faithful fans out of the stadium....it will be a 70-30 ND crowd"

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notre-dame-game-day/78396-jan-7-bcs-national-championship-alabama-238.html

He don't know us too well, do he?

tru2bama

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Birmimgham, AL
I am in South Beach now. Bama fans are out enmass. I reaLy haven't seen large groups of Domers. The resturant we ate at was definately pro BAMA.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You mean Pasadena?
Miswhack, but I think we did. We didn't quite equal the LSU people in the Superdome because so many tickets are reserved as corporate. Anyway, back to the big picture, the idea that Alabama fans don't have the money to travel fits right in with the stereotyping. Here I am sitting in a community with an educational level of 3+ years of college, a per capita income far above the national average, the second largest high-tech center in the country and none of these Gomers know anything about it...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I didn't see the attendance figures but just looking at the crowd the Pasadena game was close to 50/50 between Texas and Bama fans. I flew Southwest out of Nashville and at least half the plane was Pasadena bound even though we had a layover in Vegas. I was one of two Bama fans on a plane full of Longhorn fans. The girl who sat next to me was the sister of Texas' third string QB.

You can't tell before you get to the game who will have the most fans. I suspect Bama will have plenty in attendance to cheer the team on.

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Miswhack, but I think we did. We didn't quite equal the LSU people in the Superdome because so many tickets are reserved as corporate. Anyway, back to the big picture, the idea that Alabama fans don't have the money to travel fits right in with the stereotyping. Here I am sitting in a community with an educational level of 3+ years of college, a per capita income far above the national average, the second largest high-tech center in the country and none of these Gomers know anything about it...
Are you referring to the rocket city?! ;) they have no clue!

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
I know what they mean. I tried refinancing my trailer and pawning the title to my '89 chevy truck and still couldn't swing the tickets for me, my wife, and our 14 kids. I guess we'lll load up and go watch it our rich neighbor's house. He has that electricity stuff and even a space-aged gadget that runs a wire to his black and white zenith that will be showing the game. Southern U.S. citizens are the most stereotyped demographic in the world. I work for a global supplier of electrical components and it is amazing how many international and domestic customers and representatives from other U.S. sites are shocked that we are not actually a bunch of backwoods hillbilies. True, we all proudly speak Southernese around here but our accents have nothing to do our abilites.

Last edited:

RTRFanatic

All-SEC
Aug 8, 2009
I guess we'll all have to be content with watching the game in our mobile homes with our cousin-spouses. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.