Majority of the fans at Title game will be for Notre Dame

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
They are speculating in ND land that tickets are too expensive for Bama fans to attend the title game in Miami.

"i think such high ticket prices push a lot of bama faithful fans out of the stadium....it will be a 70-30 ND crowd"

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notre-dame-game-day/78396-jan-7-bcs-national-championship-alabama-238.html

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Given the amount of anti-Saban sentiment in the area, I would not be surprised if the crowd was predominantly pro-ND, but 70-30? I just don't see it.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
And I don't buy what they are selling. I think the split will still be closer to 50-50 than 70-30.

It may very well be closer to 70-30 in favor of Bama than 50-50. :)

I've had the, umm, "opportunity" to know quite a few ND fans over the past few years and, generally speaking, ND fans have in my experience been the most arrogant, delusional, egotistical fans of the bunch. Heck, most of the ND fans I've personally known make most of the Auburn fans I've personally known look like sane, rational, level-headed fans.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They are speculating in ND land that tickets are too expensive for Bama fans to attend the title game in Miami.

"i think such high ticket prices push a lot of bama faithful fans out of the stadium....it will be a 70-30 ND crowd"

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notre-dame-game-day/78396-jan-7-bcs-national-championship-alabama-238.html
That's probably the worst-informed ND site on the web, among a bunch of similarly ill-informed. I visited it maybe twice and I haven't been back...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I just hope their football is as arrogant as their fans are..Because our football team will knock that arrogance out of their mouth come kick-off time..I've heard & read many times over the years that no team fan-base travels as well as the Bama Nation..Many away games looked like home games for us on TV..Bama will be as well represented in the stands tomorrow night as ND will be..I have no doubts about that at all..

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Our fans had to be shocked by the high ticket prices since we haven't been to a title game since 1988... oh... wait... that's them

Minedweller

Dec 16, 2012

I can see 60-40 Notre Dame based on the locale. I am speculating that the Greater Miami area is predominately Catholic so it would not surprise me that the crowd would be pro Notre Dame. I look at it this way, Alabama performs better as a "road" team anyway. Bring'em on cuz!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Our fans had to be shocked by the high ticket prices since we haven't been to a title game since 1988... oh... wait... that's them
My thought exactly. This is really a lot bigger for them than for us. We don't often get out-traveled, but this may be the exception...

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
If this happens, it's because they haven't had anything to spend their money on for almost 25 years. I'm sure they have been saving their money for just a time like this.

RTR!!!!!!!

Very small part of it. Look, ND travels VERY well because they have fans from all over the country....Subway Alumni. They had a game in Dublin this year, it sold out. They played a game in Japan 10-15 years ago, it sold out. They are now looking to possibly play a game in China against Stanford and IF it happens it will be sold out and it won't be because it's Stanford who can't even sell out their own home games.

Last night they had over 30,000 fans at their Pep Rally. ND is a small school only 8500 undergraduate students. It's the subway alumni like me who are all over the country who never went to ND.

Blame Michigan, they were the ones who black balled ND from joining the BIG-10 all the way back when Rockne was coach and forced ND to play schools from all over the country which they still do today.

:smile:

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I do feel it will be a 60/40 split based on the number of ND fans chasing down tickets here. There are 10 ND fans at my hotel for every 1 Bama fan. And many do not have tickets. If any tickets are in the air, I am sure there is a high probability a ND fan will be buying. I am hoping that Bama fans hold their tickets and/or do not have surplus tickets at will be sold at the game. But I do not see it being 70/30.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
They said last year the game was 60/40 LSU, and that turned out fine. Just more sad faces we can see on the TV screen.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Very small part of it. Look, ND travels VERY well because they have fans from all over the country....Subway Alumni. They had a game in Dublin this year, it sold out. They played a game in Japan 10-15 years ago, it sold out. They are now looking to possibly play a game in China against Stanford and IF it happens it will be sold out and it won't be because it's Stanford who can't even sell out their own home games.

Last night they had over 30,000 fans at their Pep Rally. ND is a small school only 8500 undergraduate students. It's the subway alumni like me who are all over the country who never went to ND.

Blame Michigan, they were the ones who black balled ND from joining the BIG-10 all the way back when Rockne was coach and forced ND to play schools from all over the country which they still do today.

:smile:
We are accustomed to outnumbering rival fans wherever we play, being known as one of, if not the best, traveling fan bases in the country. We outnumbered the Texas fans in '09, in Dallas. I don't think anyone has suggested they don't have the money to travel. As far as selling out Dublin, gimme a break... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.