What are some of your weird quirks or superstitions?

Bamatide44

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 26, 2009
I don't believe in superstitions anymore. The Dubose and following era winged me of that! I do however believe in luck. Not so much of like wearing a lucky shirt but that luck can change an outcome. Maybe I will change the position I'm sitting while watching the game. Maybe I will stand up for a awhile. Maybe I will only think positive outcomes. Maybe I will take a break from the game for about 5 mins. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I have to admit that Luck has been really good to me for several years now. :smile:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I watch this "Walk Of Champions" video before every game..Coach Cochran has a way of pumping all us Bama Fans up & it shows how important Bama Football to us all..

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Well, if you did have one, and it involved a specific restaurant, given that you live in NJ, my only advice to you would be to be sure to get there before your Governor does... :)
Gov Christie has been in my area. The restaurants have been told to keep extra food in the ice box in case of an emergency eating binge. Seriously, I just made myself a PB&J sandwich for my lunch today with a Coke and pear and my wife shaved my back last night. Its a routine I have gone with for the past several years and it has not failed me yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I'm not superstitious... but, we're eating the same supper as last year. Bbq Boston butt & red & white bean salad. I'll be wearing Bama gear all day at work - & will change into Bama pjs before the game. Last year I had white wine with red berries in it. This year I'm pregnant so can't - dessert is red velvet cupcakes this year. I'm putting my 3 yr old in a Bama shirt ist like last year too.
RTR

tmv85

All-SEC
Before every big game, I get a fresh pedicure with I'm Not Really a Waitress polish by OPI. Last season, I used a different shade before LSU. This season, I didn't get a fresh pedi the week of the A&M game. I went yesterday and got the fresh pedi with the right shade. My husband wears his red boxer briefs.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Gov Christie has been in my area. The restaurants have been told to keep extra food in the ice box in case of an emergency eating binge. Seriously, I just made myself a PB&J sandwich for my lunch today with a Coke and pear and my wife shaved my back last night. Its a routine I have gone with for the past several years and it has not failed me yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
We may have crossed into TMI territory ;)

I mean who eats pears anymore. :)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I wear Bama gear but I do that EVERY day after work something.

1. Try to find the pregame on the Internet this is a challenge sometimes & can take an hour to get a station even with the Bama app using the I phone I hook it up to the Stero out back good & loud.
2. Make appetizers cheese,fruits,crackers.
3. Set up bar & glasses outside, I do not serve anything made in Tennessee, back fridge has 8 different types of beer for those who come over their brand, 3 different wines.
4. Set up cigars & lighters, cutters
5. I usually cook but onight will be ABC pizza from Plant City- the best ever well except maybe Babes in Brandon.
6. We play Sweet home Alabama about 6 times
7 Everyone wears Bama gear if they don't I get them something.

Best of all I have my family & friends here for every game.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I not superstitious, I'm a little 'stitious. ;)

I'll wear some crimson and some houndstooth, and work hard at not thinking too much about the game until game time actually gets here.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
Rolondo McClain 2010 BCS Championship game, a pair of gray shorts with either a black or crimson under armour shirt (i know, i know Bama is sponsered by Nike) and an Alabama visor. the one time i wore a pair of black Nike dri fit sweat pants was the A&M game. won't make that mistake again. also a prayer for each team to have a safe game with no major injuries. now i don't mind the de-cleater type hits but i gotta pray for no serious injuries

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
My son and I always eat at Ruby Tuesday. Have never been to a home game that we lost when we ate at the one in Northport. We also have had great luck with Papa Johns. So today we are going to eat at Ruby Tuesday and get takeout from Papa Johns. My wife thinks we are crazy but we always try to do our part for the team. RTR

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS
Although its not a quirk, prayer. I am one who prays. He comes through every time. And I mean EVERY time.
YEP..... That I have already done. Mostly that our players all stay healthy for the game. And that OTHERS (ie Bell) are healthy enough to play tonight.
I have my game shirt on and will wear it all day.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.