What are some of your weird quirks or superstitions?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I really do not believe in superstition, but it is fun to play the game I suppose. The past two championship games I ate Subway for lunch. I don't plan on eating Subway tomorrow so if we lose you can blame me. :)

I also went to the AM game this year where we lost. I wore this new Alabama fleece that I had just purchased. I am thinking of wearing that tomorrow to work because it isn't going to be too cold.

Now that I type this. I am starting to worry. :)

Last edited:

nathan

1st Team
May 17, 2006
Huntsville, AL
My wife stands in the bath tub if things start going south. It has worked pretty well the past 4 years! Prior to that... well, hit or miss.

maddogbama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2010
I will be heading to my usual gameday breakfast spot on the Elk River for "The Breakfast Special" 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of sausage, and a butter biscuit. Of course, the only time I didn't get that breakfast this year was on the Texas A&M gameday.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I drink 3 gallons of Jack Daniels every championship game and then go to Krystal's and drink tea with bags in them...or something like that.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Sweet Tea, Strawberry Cake --

Every Game......

Except for A&M when we were out of town -- :(

I had to watch on the Ipad -- very sad day

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I wear the same T-shirt, hoodie, and jeans. I made sure today everything is clean and ready to go.

Chips and dip. Sam Adams.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I wear bama boxer shorts and depending on home or road I wear that color jersey except the penn state game in 11 when I wore crimson. I try to sit on the same side of the couch and reclined. Since tomorrow is a work day and have a relaxed dress code I will wear my beat ND shirt with my crimson long sleeve Bama t shirt on top since our office is chilly. No real food routine for me though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I just try to wear an item of Bama gear. Makes me feel better, anyway. It didn't help through the dark Dubose-Shula years...

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Same houndstooth fedora, MI jersey, T-shirt underneath that, undershirt underneath that, basketball team shorts, socks, and shoes.

Interesting note that I picked up on this year though, each offseason that I add a new piece of attire for game day, we win the big one, 2-0 so far, hopefully improving to 3-0 tomorrow, all other years my outfit was idle in the offseason. Don't worry, I've already planned the next addition for the 2013 season, feel free to thank me later :biggrin:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm not Superstitious, but...

I wear the same Alabama shirt that I've worn all year.
I wear the same Hat that I've worn all year.

I've never had the 'Label' turned to the front to influence the game. ;)
(Guess I never thought of it till the commercial came out)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I really do not believe in superstition, but it is fun to play the game I suppose. The past two championship games I ate Subway for lunch. I don't plan on eating Subway tomorrow so if we lose you can blame me. :)

I also went to the AM game this year where we lost. I wore this new Alabama fleece that I had just purchased. I am thinking of wearing that tomorrow to work because it isn't going to be too cold.

Now that I type this. I am starting to worry. :)
I'm not superstitious either, Jessica.

That being said, if I were to catch an early flight to Alabama tomorrow, can I buy you lunch at Subway? :)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I wear bama boxer shorts and depending on home or road I wear that color jersey except the penn state game in 11 when I wore crimson. I try to sit on the same side of the couch and reclined. Since tomorrow is a work day and have a relaxed dress code I will wear my beat ND shirt with my crimson long sleeve Bama t shirt on top since our office is chilly. No real food routine for me though.
Well, if you did have one, and it involved a specific restaurant, given that you live in NJ, my only advice to you would be to be sure to get there before your Governor does... :)

MDB1981

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2010
Nectar, al
The 2009 BSCNC I put a Bama hat on a 4 ft nutcracker and put him in front of TV ( I don't know why). Now I have to let him watch all NC games Bama is in, wearing Bama gear.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.