What are some of your weird quirks or superstitions?

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I'm not superstitious... but, we're eating the same supper as last year. Bbq Boston butt & red & white bean salad. I'll be wearing Bama gear all day at work - & will change into Bama pjs before the game. Last year I had white wine with red berries in it. This year I'm pregnant so can't - dessert is red velvet cupcakes this year. I'm putting my 3 yr old in a Bama shirt ist like last year too.
RTR
As an Alabama fan, there are sacrifices we must make!

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Before every big game, I get a fresh pedicure with I'm Not Really a Waitress polish by OPI. Last season, I used a different shade before LSU. This season, I didn't get a fresh pedi the week of the A&M game. I went yesterday and got the fresh pedi with the right shade. My husband wears his red boxer briefs.

Major42fan

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2008
Diet Coke
Red Vines licorice
Doritos
Everygame this year and last. We were disrupted a bit by being out of town during the Tam game

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I watch this "Walk Of Champions" video before every game..Coach Cochran has a way of pumping all us Bama Fans up & it shows how important Bama Football to us all..
I love Coach Cochran. I think he's infectious. (In a good way)
When Scott gets going, I can't help but respond.
It's pretty obvious our guys respond well to him.

You can't help but notice the difference he has made in our players. :BigA:

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
i got a bunch of 'em ...

1) pregame drink that i have to keep drinking through at least 1st quarter...the Rammer Jammer. 1/3 rasp vodka, 1/3 orange vodka, 1/3 cranberry juice
2) big al hand puppet on left hand
3) "Touchdown Big Al" on living room table (used only for TD's)
4) "Field Goal Big Al" on the bar behind my chair (used for FG and Safeties or game changing turnovers)
5) Big Al elephant head
6) normal game day jersey is now a #50 Hightower (retired #37 SU Alexander jersey last year) but this year will be just 3rd time i wear my #7 Barker USF&G Sugar Bowl jersey
7) wife must have Rammer Jammers from pregame through 1st quarter as well
8) victory glass of chilled Sambuca

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I'm thinking back to our game against ND in 1986 at Legion Field. I wore a Bama sweatshirt and a pair of stonewashed jeans. I also wore a button on my shirt with the four leaf clover crossed out. (Like the no smoking sign). I new that I had kept that button, it was just a matter of finding it and this past weekend, I did! I purchased a Bama sweatshirt that is pretty close to the one I wore that day, and I took an old pair of jeans that I don't wear anymore and used some household products to give them that stonewashed look. That is what I will be wearing tonight. Also, about three minutes before kickoff, I will pop a bag of Pop Secret microwave popcorn just as I did that day in the fall of 1986. I am completely recreating that day to a tee.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I used to have a lot of these. Slowly, over the last five years, with Coach Saban's help and the success of our team, they have been "PROCESSED" out of me.

These days, I just enjoy the game and the experience, and relish the success that—while it will not, realistically, last—shows no signs of stopping.

Still, no judgements... I realize for some people these rituals/quirks/superstitions are PART OF the enjoyment of the experience. In that case, mix another Rammer Jammer for me! :)

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Im weird but i dont wear bama gear on gameday. and i dont record the game.
Me either. I do a few things during the game. I try putting a ju ju curse on the kicker when going for field goals. In desperation I may try that with their QB.

If things are going really bad I stop watching the game and go outside trying to think positive thoughts. That worked against LSU and UGA as well as other games in the past.

There is one thing that I consider to be fact after over 55 years of watching football games. If an announcer talks about how so and so hasn't fumbled or thrown an interception, it's about to happen. I think they do it on purpose.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I wear my lucky Bama shirt
Never shave on the day of the game
Grill chicken legs
Call my Mom just before kick-off
Call my Bama room mate and my Bama friend whom I've known since kindergarten
Take a shot of Two Fingers Tequila
Get pumped!

RTR!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I pace during the game. I feel like if I sit down things go sideways.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I set on the same place on the same couch. I clean the Bama Room (man cave) before game. I never eat during the game-only at half-time and after. Wear the same "Roll Tide" shirt. Usually watch the game alone for the most part because it gets to "intense" for the wife and kids. I never, ever predict win/loss or score of game-I stick to generalizations such as " I hope we can do it" or "hope we can make a statement". "Come on defense/offense or Come on Bama" basically before every play. Always were one of 2 to 3 gameday hats. During the regular season, I never flip channels to check scores, unless it is a commercial break, never.

My God, I never knew how OCD I was until I just put it into type. I guess my wife is right, I do have a bit of a problem...

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Ok I'll jump in...
I try to never wear anything with the opposing teams colors on it during the week leading up to a game.
Also try to never miss kick-off when watching the games on tv...seems like when I have, that Bama has bad games or loses.

Oh, and I don't record the game either...same reason as above.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I ate Subway for lunch. I just couldn't go all day thinking about it if I didn't. Had the same turkey/bacon sandwich. First time eating Subway in about a year, but it is for a good cause. Haha.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Is it bad form to wear last year's national champs t-shirt during the game tonight? I have been wearing last years NC shirt under my Bama jersey during every game this year but was thinking, could that jinx everything tonight? I just don't know what to do.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois

I wear a black ALABAMA shirt and a pair of mesh Illini shorts. Only 2 times I have not worn this outfit in the last 2 years......2011 LSU game of the Century, and 2012 Texas A&M..... So needless to say it is clean and ready

-CLINT

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.