Blog: Latest Bama News 1/7/13 The BCS National Championship Game Edition

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Re: Latest Bama News 1/7/13 (Finally) BCS National Championship Game Edition

There are two Nick Saban storylines in this national championship game, and together they define him. The first is that, with a victory, Saban can stake his claim to being the best coach in college football history. It would be his fourth national title in his last eight years of college coaching: He won in 2003 at LSU and in 2009 and 2011 at Alabama. (He coached in the NFL in 2005 and 2006.)

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Two of college football’s storied programs will meet on Jan. 7 in the most-anticipated title matchup of the BCS era. For Alabama, a trip to the national championship has almost become routine. The Crimson Tide is making their third appearance in the BCS Championship in the last four seasons and are 2-0 under Nick Saban in this setting. Alabama is also looking to become the first back-to-back champion of the BCS era. On the other sideline represents a return to glory. Notre Dame is back in a BCS bowl for the first time since 2007 and returned to the national title conversation for the first time since 1993 this year. The Fighting Irish was the only bowl eligible team to finish with an unbeaten record in 2012, while linebacker Manti Te’o finished second in the Heisman Trophy voting. After finishing 8-5 in back-to-back seasons, coach Brian Kelly has Notre Dame back on track to national prominence once again. The Fighting Irish are on a roll on the recruiting trail, so don’t expect Notre Dame to slip back into mediocrity anytime soon. These two teams have met six times, with Notre Dame owning a 5-1 series edge. The Crimson Tide and Fighting Irish have not played since 1987, when Notre Dame claimed a 37-6 victory in South Bend. Alabama’s only victory against the Fighting Irish came in 1986.

BCS National Championship Preview and Prediction: Notre Dame vs. Alabama-Athlon Sports

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

We've come to the end of an extremely fun picks season here on the SEC blog. There was no sophomore slump for the ATL Kid, while the old vet took a major hit to his picking credibility. I just want to thank all of the fans out there who supported me this season. Being on the road and seeing all the love from readers who were looking for me to dethrone Chris was a great sight. I sensed that Chris was reeling early in the season (see the Florida-Tennessee game) and I pounced early and often.

Discover BCS Championship prediction-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Two of the most storied programs in college football will meet on Monday in the Discover BCS National Championship. It doesn't get much bigger than Notre Dame vs. Alabama. How did they get here? Here's a look at [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]five plays this season that paved the way[/FONT]

Irish/Tide: Season-defining moments-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.