Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Re: ****Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BSCCG****

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Just noticed my hilarious post was deleted from the original Pregame thread...that'll cost me 26 'likes' and 12 'thanks'.

I missed it, post again and you may get the likes again.

Unless you are being sarcastic and didn't post , which wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by TideMom2Boys; January 7th, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement

"The U" Homer Dan Le Batard with his take on tonight's game and its excess.

He makes it sounds as if this is the first time there's ever been a party on South Beach.

Let it be noted that there are plenty of people in South Florida, much like the rest of the nation, who can't stand him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/0...the-party.html

Re: ****Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BCSCG****

Enjoy this run we are on and TIDE GET READY TO ROLL!!!!!

Roll Tide
    I'm a lead farmer

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    The comfort I take in that is this: In almost all the past games where there was a big favorite that got upset, it was because the favorite did not play well (made mistakes, turnovers, etc) not necessarily that the underdog overwhelmed them with some unseen talent/ability, and this was because the favorite entered the game with an arrogance and disrespect for their opponent.

I can say with the utmost confidence that Alabama will not enter this game arrogant, or without respect for Notre Dame. So we'll see if Notre Dame is truly good enough. Hopefully, we don't make mistakes to help them out.
    I thought it was interesting this morning on the "Experts" show that Jesse Palmer, former QB, was saying we needed to come out throwing to loosen up the defense, and Holtz, the former HC was saying that Bama would win if we didn't "panic" and get away from running the ball...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I thought it was interesting this morning on the "Experts" show that Jesse Palmer, former QB, was saying we needed to come out throwing to loosen up the defense, and Holtz, the former HC was saying that Bama would win if we didn't "panic" and get away from running the ball...

For once , he actually made a good point. But, everyone has said this since the A&M game.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Well, that's what you get with "experts." I think Alabama will be ok as long as they execute the gameplan. We can throw it on Notre Dame, I believe, and we can run it (though we may not get much in the early going). As long as we don't turn the ball over. We'll win in the end.

My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

I love it when the "expert" have their say. Coach Saban might have a different say.
    ....."The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"....
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I missed it, post again and you may get the likes again.

Unless you are being sarcastic and didn't post , which wouldn't surprise me.
    That would be like showing a magic trick twice...can't do it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR_UA#1 View Post
    I love it when the "expert" have their say. Coach Saban might have a different say.
    That would almost be assured! lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.
    I support PAWS.

BamaNation Second Team

I'd rather show up with our guys than theirs. Roll Tide Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Well, that's what you get with "experts." I think Alabama will be ok as long as they execute the gameplan. We can throw it on Notre Dame, I believe, and we can run it (though we may not get much in the early going). As long as we don't turn the ball over. We'll win in the end.
    I don't think we'll get much running early in the game, while they're fresh (although I'd like to see it). I look for that later...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I had been worried about Barrett giving up about 40 lbs on Nix with his foot being hurt and how that might effect his technique

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.
    I support PAWS.

Today I am all Alabama. Roll Tide!