****Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BCSCG****

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Re: ****Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BSCCG****

Trying to concentrate at work is a monumental task today. 8;30 can't get here fast enough.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS

It really is. When I start feeling a little too optimistic, I stop and think of our '92 team. A lot of criticism being leveled at ND was also leveled at our team. It's just hard to sense if they're for real or a paper tiger. You could really say the same about their offense. They're really proud of their big TE and also Riddick and Golson. However, when you look at their offensive results, they sure haven't taken much advantage of those assets. Guess we'll just have to wait for the game... :)
You know that ND KNOWs what they are up against. They will TRY to use their best weapons against US. They MAY try some trickery but they will try to use their strength.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

That is why I can't just sit and over analyze this game. There are way too many unknowns, but that favors Saban and his experience.
This is why I have never been a proponent of studying...the unknowns!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

It really is. When I start feeling a little too optimistic, I stop and think of our '92 team. A lot of criticism being leveled at ND was also leveled at our team. It's just hard to sense if they're for real or a paper tiger. You could really say the same about their offense. They're really proud of their big TE and also Riddick and Golson. However, when you look at their offensive results, they sure haven't taken much advantage of those assets. Guess we'll just have to wait for the game... :)
The comfort I take in that is this: In almost all the past games where there was a big favorite that got upset, it was because the favorite did not play well (made mistakes, turnovers, etc) not necessarily that the underdog overwhelmed them with some unseen talent/ability, and this was because the favorite entered the game with an arrogance and disrespect for their opponent.

I can say with the utmost confidence that Alabama will not enter this game arrogant, or without respect for Notre Dame. So we'll see if Notre Dame is truly good enough. Hopefully, we don't make mistakes to help them out.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

Just noticed my hilarious post was deleted from the original Pregame thread...that'll cost me 26 'likes' and 12 'thanks'. :mad:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Just noticed my hilarious post was deleted from the original Pregame thread...that'll cost me 26 'likes' and 12 'thanks'. :mad:

I missed it, post again and you may get the likes again. ;)

Unless you are being sarcastic and didn't post , which wouldn't surprise me. :)

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

"The U" Homer Dan Le Batard with his take on tonight's game and its excess.

He makes it sounds as if this is the first time there's ever been a party on South Beach.

Let it be noted that there are plenty of people in South Florida, much like the rest of the nation, who can't stand him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/07/3170670/dan-le-batard-imagine-the-party.html

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The comfort I take in that is this: In almost all the past games where there was a big favorite that got upset, it was because the favorite did not play well (made mistakes, turnovers, etc) not necessarily that the underdog overwhelmed them with some unseen talent/ability, and this was because the favorite entered the game with an arrogance and disrespect for their opponent.

I can say with the utmost confidence that Alabama will not enter this game arrogant, or without respect for Notre Dame. So we'll see if Notre Dame is truly good enough. Hopefully, we don't make mistakes to help them out.
I thought it was interesting this morning on the "Experts" show that Jesse Palmer, former QB, was saying we needed to come out throwing to loosen up the defense, and Holtz, the former HC was saying that Bama would win if we didn't "panic" and get away from running the ball...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I thought it was interesting this morning on the "Experts" show that Jesse Palmer, former QB, was saying we needed to come out throwing to loosen up the defense, and Holtz, the former HC was saying that Bama would win if we didn't "panic" and get away from running the ball...

For once , he actually made a good point. But, everyone has said this since the A&M game.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Well, that's what you get with "experts." I think Alabama will be ok as long as they execute the gameplan. We can throw it on Notre Dame, I believe, and we can run it (though we may not get much in the early going). As long as we don't turn the ball over. We'll win in the end.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS

I love it when the "expert" have their say. Coach Saban might have a different say.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

I missed it, post again and you may get the likes again. ;)

Unless you are being sarcastic and didn't post , which wouldn't surprise me. :)
That would be like showing a magic trick twice...can't do it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, that's what you get with "experts." I think Alabama will be ok as long as they execute the gameplan. We can throw it on Notre Dame, I believe, and we can run it (though we may not get much in the early going). As long as we don't turn the ball over. We'll win in the end.
I don't think we'll get much running early in the game, while they're fresh (although I'd like to see it). I look for that later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.