****Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BCSCG****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Re: ****Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BSCCG****

I'm sure it's all been hashed over already but just throwing it out there.

Comparing some season scoring notes for both teams:

Alabama's offense has scored 500 points and the Bama defense has given up 139 points.
Best wins:
Michigan 41-14
LSU 21-17
Georgia 32-28

Red Zone scoring - 89% all games, 80% vs. ranked teams(AP)

Notre Dame's offense has scored 321 points and their Defense has given up 124 points.
Best Wins:
Michigan 13-6
Stanford 20-13
Oklahoma 30-13

Red zone scoring - 79 % all games, 72% vs ranked teams(AP)

Mr. McGibblets

Jan 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I'm not a big fan of opposing fans coming on ND sites and being all "Bromantic" and "lovey dovey" wishing ND fans luck. I think it is annoying. That being said---I dont wish Bama or you any luck, you dont need it. I hope every fumble falls into NDs hands.

Only thing I can hope is that I am not in bed by mid-3rd quarter (Even though, if is a blowout I prob wont be in bed due to message boards). I hope ND doesnt get the wheels blown off them in the first 10 minutes. I hope that I see a few pigs fly--and then Bama turns the ball over and commits penalties. I hope ND plays pretty much as perfect as A&M did.

I do hope for an injury free game and that the refs dont screw anything up to cause any sort of controversey.

(ducking for cover)

tidegrandpa

All-American

i'm sure it's all been hashed over already but just throwing it out there.

Comparing some season scoring notes for both teams:

Alabama's offense has scored 500 points and the bama defense has given up 139 points.
Best wins:
Michigan 41-14
lsu 21-17
georgia 32-28

red zone scoring - 89% all games, 80% vs. Ranked teams(ap)

notre dame's offense has scored 321 points and their defense has given up 124 points.
Best wins:
Michigan 13-6
stanford 20-13
oklahoma 30-13

red zone scoring - 79 % all games, 72% vs ranked teams(ap)
this is the kind of comparison i appreciate, tell's the tale pretty quick, can't wait, roll tide !

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'm not a big fan of opposing fans coming on ND sites and being all "Bromantic" and "lovey dovey" wishing ND fans luck. I think it is annoying. That being said---I dont wish Bama or you any luck, you dont need it. I hope every fumble falls into NDs hands.

Only thing I can hope is that I am not in bed by mid-3rd quarter (Even though, if is a blowout I prob wont be in bed due to message boards). I hope ND doesnt get the wheels blown off them in the first 10 minutes. I hope that I see a few pigs fly--and then Bama turns the ball over and commits penalties. I hope ND plays pretty much as perfect as A&M did.

I do hope for an injury free game and that the refs dont screw anything up to cause any sort of controversey.

(ducking for cover)
Decent post. Thanks. I think... :D

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

The day is finally here and I'm not going to rush it because it will soon be over and another "off season" begins. I'm tired of all the hype about ND being 5-1 against Bama, yada yada yada. CNS is the coach and it is a whole new team. The play this year should be all that they need to know. I thought we were done with the Ara and Lou show but no, they just keep at it. I'm going to my grandaughter's BB game at 4:00 then going home to put the cheese dip, little smokies in BBQ/Terriaki sauce and the chili in the crock pots and turn them on. I'm then going to sit down and open a bottle of ice cold Corona and turn on youtube videos of Alabama as a pre-game warm up. Roll Tide everyone!

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007

Espn is giving nd all the love before the game because they know that it will probably be all alabama after the game. So when we win tonight if its still tilted to nd then i will be p.o.'d.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA

No matter who wins...

After the game all we will hear about is "how would it play out if we had a playoff and the winner faced Oregon?"

Mark it.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

The two scariest words in college football will be reignited tonight.

{clears throat}

Roll Tide.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
URGENT REQUEST!

Unfortunately, I will miss at least the first half of the game. I'm in grad school down here at UWF in Pensacola, and class will not be over until 8:30. We've already gotten a "sweet" little email from the professor stating that attendance is mandatory for our first class, as group and individual projects will be assigned.

So, my request is this: for those who participate in the game thread, please keep the score and play updates coming often! I'll be sitting in the back of the auditorium following as best I can.

Of all the lousy times to try to further my education...Jeez...

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Just clicked on espnu and saw a sign that read rudy was offsides. LOL

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sounds like your priorities are all wrong --
;)
The good news is that you probably should get most of the game -- as it starts at 730 -- or more likely 745 --
URGENT REQUEST!

Unfortunately, I will miss at least the first half of the game. I'm in grad school down here at UWF in Pensacola, and class will not be over until 8:30. We've already gotten a "sweet" little email from the professor stating that attendance is mandatory for our first class, as group and individual projects will be assigned.

So, my request is this: for those who participate in the game thread, please keep the score and play updates coming often! I'll be sitting in the back of the auditorium following as best I can.

Of all the lousy times to try to further my education...Jeez...

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
Just read a report that Coach Saban arranged to have ESPN taken off of the tvs in the team's rooms since yesterday. He is getting criticized for being a control freak (of course). It is all just part of The Process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.