Question: Alabama wins if... Notre Dame wins if...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I've head this question asked a lot on ESPN. So what do the smartest football fans on the planet think?

I think we just have to play our game. Run the ball with some play action pass. I would keep running until they prove they can stop Eddie and TJ.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama wins if it has more total points than Notre Dame.

Notre Dame wins if it has more total points than Alabama.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Alabama wins if...
--- We get off the bus. That's figuratively, of course, and not literally - though almost. :) If we hit any sort of stride on offense - scoring at least two TDs - in the first half and our defense/special teams don't give up more than one or two really big plays, i.e. 40+ yards, in the first half then we win.

Notre Dame wins if...
--- They are able to win the turnover battle by a margin of at least 3 or 4 as well as get at least 2 or 3 really big plays, i.e. 40+ yards, on offense/special teams.

For all the Notre Dame hype and "awesome" defensive statistics being bandied about in the media, the simple truth is that Notre Dame is very lucky to be in this game and they are at least somewhat overrated. Now, don't get me wrong - we're a bit lucky to be in this game ourselves. It takes at least a little bit of luck for anyone to reach the BCS National Championship Game. The difference is that we aren't overrated. Notre Dame needs help to win this game. The only way we lose tonight is to beat ourselves.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Alabama wins if it shows up and plays Alabama football.
Notre Dame wins if hell freezes over and pigs fly on a cold day in hell when chickens have teeth.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is something everybody who invokes the "look at 86 Penn St, 02 Ohio State, 05 Texas" argument overlooks: those teams forced 7 and 6 turnovers and I would note Texas won the turnover battle but Gholson ain't Vince Young.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Alabama wins if: We run for 140 yards... Saban teams are 50-0 at that point.

ND wins if: They find consistent running room, and see +2 or more in turnovers. Only close games we've had we've been negative in turnover margin... Also, Golson has to pull a Garcia/Mettenberger...

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
ND might win if Golson has the game of his life. Unfortunately, that happens sometimes when teams play Alabama but even then, teams don't always win.

Steven Garcia played like a pro for USCe in one game only. Cam, like it or not, was a great college QB. Johnny Manziel is amazing. Jefferson played above his usual game. Mettenburger played the game of his life against Bama this year and got beat anyway, but the game was a lot closer than I wanted it to be.

When Bama loses, it's usually because the opposing QB played great. I've watched Golson play a lot this year and he has his moments. He also looked like a freshman a lot. What worries me is the month of practice he's had. The guy has plenty of big game experience, as much as AJ had last year, and our guys need to assume he's going to be on his game tonight.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Bama Wins If Bama rushes for 140+ yards.....(we are 50-0 when rushing for more than 140 during Coach Saban's tenure)

Notre Dame Wins If ..... the Pac 12 Officials get "flag happy" with Holding Calls - neutralizing our rushing attack

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
This one is easy IMO. It all comes down to turnovers. Our toughest games this year have been the ones we've complicated with turning the ball over. If we protect the ball, we win... it's that simple.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
When Bama loses, it's usually because the opposing QB played great. I've watched Golson play a lot this year and he has his moments. He also looked like a freshman a lot. What worries me is the month of practice he's had. The guy has plenty of big game experience, as much as AJ had last year, and our guys need to assume he's going to be on his game tonight.
What big game experience are you talking about??? Golson did not play and LSU's, UGA's, or TAMU's this year let alone (has he ever played) any conference championship or NC games.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS
no.... no..... NOOO!
It is NOT ND wins IF.........
It is ONLY Bama wins..... no IF's and's or but's.......
That is the ONLY way I can see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAMA wins...........

That is the ONLY way I can see it!!!!!!!!!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

:BigA:

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
What big game experience are you talking about??? Golson did not play and LSU's, UGA's, or TAMU's this year let alone (has he ever played) any conference championship or NC games.
I think Go Bama means the games ND played against USCw, Oklahoma and maybe Michigan this year. If so, I agree that those count as big game experience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.