Pat Forde's comparison chart on UA/ND...

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Catholicism can be a very lucrative career. See Vatican.
LOL. good point. ND is ranked very high when it comes to payscale for its graduates, but to be fair, the data gets comingled with graduate school. If a person gets their bachelors at one school, but their masters at another, which school should get the credit?

FThomas, my point was that many bachelor degrees offered by small private schools must be followed up with a graduate degree to actually get a job, since so many specialize in liberal arts programs.

Last edited:

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Love my Bama degree and it has gotten me far (my career and job is primarily filled with Ivy leaguers), but yeah Notre Dame is ranked 8th for salaries for alums of the school according to PayScale. We are down a good ways from that (in the 300s)
Are you calling the guy that helped me at Best Buy on Saturday with some home theatre equipment, and claimed to be a ND graduate, a liar??

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I would think so, especially because students who are already so heavily invested in their education tend to also get there doctorate and masters.
That sort of goes along with my point.

Quick question, how do Notre Dame fans rank your ex-coaches? Rockne is more famous, but is he considered higher on the list than Leahy? I'm guessing it would go something like...
Rockne/Leahy
Parseghian
Holtz
Devine

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
i thought the ncaa said kim dunbar was not a booster, which is why her embezzling from her boss and giving the money to players (and having babies with them) was not an ncaa violation. :rolleyes:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't know that there was ever an explanation offered for their refusal to accept invites from 1925-1970. In the earlier years, it could be transportation time, but that would go away after WWII...
I believe it was simply academic arrogance, much like the Big Ten's stance which only allowed its champion to go to the Rose Bowl and even then they did not allow teams to play in consecutive bowl games. I'm not sure when they ended that practice.

Bowl games were seen as excessive, and taking away from the school's academic mission.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
Comparing the academics of a large state university to a smallish private school who can be very selective is negligent journalism. Also comparing salaries would mean you would have to adjust for geography. I'd take $50 grand in Mobile over $100 in Manhattan. I have several Notre Dame grads working for me. I wouldn't trade places with them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Does everyone realize that we've let one ND poster looking for a fight to derail the entire discussion to quibbles about academics on the day of the BCSCG? Let's get back to football...

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Does everyone realize that we've let one ND poster looking for a fight to derail the entire discussion to quibbles about academics on the day of the BCSCG? Let's get back to football...
Yeah, I just wrote him off as clutter. On to the real issues...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.