Taking a moment to remember someone...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The "menu" thread below got me to thinking about Rich and how much I miss him. I always looked forward to his menu for the day and the ridiculous outfits he put on the pets. I'm sure this year would be a big blast, especially with a wife who was a ND grad...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Great post Earle....Rich sure did have "Tough Love" -- and is much missed

I have been thinking about my Dad too. He left us a month after the BCSNCG vs Texas -- he would so love a chance to beat Notre Dame who he hated far worse than Auburn, UT or LSU.

He got his Masters and Doctorate in TTown -- and brought his son up right. One of his students came to me at his funeral -- and told me that Coach Bryant was waiting for him ..... and that he'd be in good hands.....

Who knows but he's sure been on my mind all week long.....

to all of the Bama fans no longer with us -- who taught us how to love The Tide -- remember them tonight......

RTR

Last edited:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Rich was a heckuva guy. It's a tribute to him that a bunch of people, many of whom only knew him on this very message board, are thinking of him. I think that's what most of us want: to be remembered and beloved.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Kudos Earle , spent many a night PMing with Rich, I valued his opinion and knowledge he gave me some really good advise along the years I knew him !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Definitely miss our Bayou...was just thinking of him yesterday while perusing the board. He would love this matchup!

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
I was only here a couple of years with Bayou, but I inevitably miss his wit, humor, and class a couple of times a month when I log on TFs. He had to be a special guy.

Roll Tide Bayou.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
We all miss him for sure.

He's up there watching and smiling on The Tide and cooking up something good. :)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I do miss his game day menus and telling us what Alabama gear his pets were decked out in. Always elicited a big laugh. He is missed. Roll Tide Rich.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.