News Article: SI Mandel: Don't anoint Alabama as the BCS champion just yet

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
"Does Notre Dame have any chance against Alabama?" Let's think about that for a second. Does an undefeated team that led the nation in scoring defense stand a chance against a team that lost once at home and came within a last-minute pass-deflection of possibly missing the title game altogether?

You think?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...abama-bcs-title-game/?sct=hp_t11_a1&eref=sihp

This guy kind of annoys me. Very illogical dude. But I am glad to read this stuff before the game. Pumps me up!

socalbamafan

1st Team
Aug 14, 2007
this guy should be on espn. How many times have i heard on espn this week. "everybody thinks bama rolls all over notre dame" WHAT? Most knowlegeable sports fans think it will be close. Who is everybody?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I haven't seen any talking head saying to go ahead and pencil in Alabama as the winner.

In fact, in the past few days, most have picked Notre Dame to win.

And I'll say it again about the whole "favorite/underdog pick the underdog because they fill slighted" deal: it only works when the favorite is not focused. We'll see how Alabama plays. It's going to take mistakes on our part... we'll see.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Many people want this to be the heavyweight champ, walking in with the entourage, the music, the flash, and the ego getting beat by the up-and-comer he underestimated.

I don't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Alabama needed last minute drives AWAY from home to beat LSU and UGA. Notre Dame needed THREE overtimes AT HOME to dispatch a Pitt team that lost to Youngstown St and got blown out by Ole Miss.

Hey, if he can use points that don't tell the whole story so can i.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Alabama needed last minute drives AWAY from home to beat LSU and UGA. Notre Dame needed THREE overtimes AT HOME to dispatch a Pitt team that lost to Youngstown St and got blown out by Ole Miss.
We went to the BBVA/Compass Bowl & watched Ole Miss crush Pitt. In the 4th qtr, my son--UM grad--looked over & said, "Dad, remember these guys took ND to 3 OTs; I think y'all are fine Monday night." I loved it!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.