Early Enrollees On Campus

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
Thanks for the article. If all 9 do enroll, what does it look like for #s when signing day rolls around?

Also, is OJ on campus?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thanks for the article. If all 9 do enroll, what does it look like for #s when signing day rolls around?

Also, is OJ on campus?
OJ is on campus.

Miller and del Rio are non-scholarship players. Miller's way is paid by the Marlins, and del Rio is a walk-on. The other 7 are scholarship players. There was no sure number of how many slots were available this year for anyone to really know the numbers game.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
OJ is on campus.

Miller and del Rio are non-scholarship players. Miller's way is paid by the Marlins, and del Rio is a walk-on. The other 7 are scholarship players. There was no sure number of how many slots were available this year for anyone to really know the numbers game.
correct....and we likely will sign 25 with X amount backcounting.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Wow, I had no idea he had graduated from High School. Very good!
Yes, good to have Henry with the extra preparation. With Lacy leaving and uncertainty from injuries as well as where Fowler will fit the offense best, it looks like there may be room for a true freshman to get in the running back rotation again this coming season.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Yes, good to have Henry with the extra preparation. With Lacy leaving and uncertainty from injuries as well as where Fowler will fit the offense best, it looks like there may be room for a true freshman to get in the running back rotation again this coming season.

I think fowler will be in the half back role...and hopefully either Kenyon Drake or one of the freshmen step up in the second back role...

I hope Dee Hart makes a come back and can contribute as well....he's just been struck by the injury bug since he arrived.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It will be very difficult if not impossible to keep this young man out of the back up role next year. He's a man amongst boys. This highlight vid amazes me, and he faced big school Florida competition.
It's like one of his opponents at the Army All-American Game said, "People that big aren't supposed to run so fast".. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2ARNqHNCA

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wish we'd had an EE slot for the kid (Fitts?) that Kiffen pulled the rug out from under on. He might have just signed and entered. (I just had a chuckle looking at my idiom and string of prepositions. Prepositions are idiomatic in all languages, anyway, and a non-English speaker would have a hell of a time figuring that one out...)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
One slight correction, Sip: He played in a smaller-school classification. That doesnt mean he won't do just fine.

QUOTE=Alasippi;2095394]It will be very difficult if not impossible to keep this young man out of the back up role next year. He's a man amongst boys. This highlight vid amazes me, and he faced big school Florida competition.
It's like one of his opponents at the Army All-American Game said, "People that big aren't supposed to run so fast".. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2ARNqHNCA[/QUOTE]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Tide HSV,

He couldn't have taken the Walker spot? Or was the timing off?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
That was the thought I had when Walker defected, but I assume we must have promised the slot to another kid. I don't think the two CA kids have even visited yet. Oh well, trust in Saban...

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
That was the thought I had when Walker defected, but I assume we must have promised the slot to another kid. I don't think the two CA kids have even visited yet. Oh well, trust in Saban...
Fitts is visiting on 2/1 same weekend as Vanderdoes. Would love to get both, but I wonder if Fitts is a backup plan to Chris Jones, since we seem to still be hard after him. I imagine the economics of a cross country trip put fitts in a tough position regarding getting in before the late registration deadline.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A Day this year will be a great coming out party for these guys. All eyes will be on them especially Bateman, Henry and OJ.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
everyone seems to be discounting Kenyan Drake for soem reason, its going to be harder to crack the rotation this season. I see Fowler playing more in a Hybrid back in the 2 back sets, and having a role in short yardage.

TJ willstart, but I think Kenyan will have a more ignificant role this upcoming season....Henry may see time, and I dont douibt the talent...we just have some talented players with experience in front of him.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
It will be very difficult if not impossible to keep this young man out of the back up role next year. He's a man amongst boys. This highlight vid amazes me, and he faced big school Florida competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2ARNqHNCA
we'll know exactly how it plays out after spring/fall practice...
hes got the talent, no doubt about it... just have to wait and see how quickly he develops the experience of the position to go with it.
if he's that good, he'll definitly get into the rotation.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
we'll know exactly how it plays out after spring/fall practice...
hes got the talent, no doubt about it... just have to wait and see how quickly he develops the experience of the position to go with it.
if he's that good, he'll definitly get into the rotation.
One thing about it, he's definitely big enough to block some body.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.