Dr. Lou's pick finally

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I suppose it's just blarney. However, are guys with a German name meaning "wood" entitled to blarney? In fact, I think his name should be changed to "Holzkopf..."
Now that's funny!

BTW, thanks for the reference to "Saxons, Vikings, and Celts". I read the reviews on Amazon which are very detailed. My curiosity was piqued so I ordered the book. I've forgotten the game thread where it came up. Anyway, looking forward to an interesting read.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Now that's funny!

BTW, thanks for the reference to "Saxons, Vikings, and Celts". I read the reviews on Amazon which are very detailed. My curiosity was piqued so I ordered the book. I've forgotten the game thread where it came up. Anyway, looking forward to an interesting read.
I think you'll enjoy it. It certainly changed my ideas about my own probable ancestry. It started me on a trail of some similar books. If you enjoyed it, contact me and I'll give another couple of recommendations...

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
I knew he'd pick ND, but this is absurd. He's basically saying ND's going to dominate Bama with an option offense which I didn't even know they had. Maybe Kelly's letting him in practice. There'll be a lot of flak, if they do come out in an option...
That is exactly what he said they would do, Earle. Were you listening?

HitMan54

1st Team
Jan 29, 2007
Only the Government Knows
Like that was some kind of surprise. He talks about them like their his kids. I admire his passion. Quite honestly he's too impartial to listen to anymore.
ESPN keeps him on their program just for the fact that NBC doesnt have a sports program show......on paper anyway.

Sorry Lou, you'll crying tonight with Regis.

PS...don't forget to take your fake teeth out before the game.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Another way to look at it.....I've always appreciated being the underdog in any game.....helps with the player mentality.

Don't ask me how I know about this. :(

Dudeman

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2012
Probably picking ND because for some if they pull out a miracle, he will be right while the majority are wrong.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that ND pays Lou to be their official ESPN figurehead.
This afternoon, he commented "I work for ESPN, but Notre Dame thinks I work for them." As a joke, I think. Hate to tell him, but there's more than just Notre Dame who thinks he works for ND...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.