Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: ****Official Post Game Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BSCCG****

The biggest thing that ND and Te'o and a very biased national media overlooked was that Bama and other SEC teams face good or better linebackers like Te'o every week...I've watched ND play several times in 2012, I never saw what all the hype over him was about. Jarvis Jones at UGA is better, and Minter at LSU another, imho. Clowney, not a linebacker but clearly wreaks havoc on the line every week and definitely a better player in my book.
    Bama is just that good but I believe it's because the SEC competition is that good too and the media was so bent on trying to take the SEC down they hyped up ND into some unstoppable force and Notre Dame players bought the hype.

I left work early yesterday to watch the coverage and it was still all talk aka blather about ND and "how was Bama gonna handle that ND awesome front 7" and comparisons of Golson to Manziel all day leading up to kickoff, as has been for weeks. No props/coverage given Bama other than B. Jones or McCarron snippets here and there. Even Herbstreit stated he felt BAMA was likely feeling cocky because of "14" and he felt ND would come out and take it to them. How wrong could he be.

Mosely played a great game and definitely was an impact for the Bama defense...you couldn't say that for Te'o at all. Biggest stage of all, and he was a no-show. Big time players show up. Sorry if thats harsh, just the way I see it. Bama's whole team showed up.
    All we heard was that ND seemed to be a team of destiny. Last night, destiny was wearing crimson & white.

Congrats to Coach Saban, the staff, and the whole team...thank you for all the hard work, long hours, the amazing games, the thrill of the win, and the finish. Thank you for the heart and discipline you displayed throughout the season. Thank you for building a dynasty at Alabama that is unlike any we've seen in the modern era of college football.
    What an amazing, amazing accomplishment in so short a time.

Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan39817 View Post
    i'm not sure if it is just because i am HUGE Mosley fan or not. but to me he played lights out and like a wildman. i think he got tired of hearing Te'o this, Te'o that. to me he showed Te'o up in the game. don't get me wrong Te'o is good but i think Mosley just outplayed him tonight.
    Last edited by Crimson Cat; January 8th, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Ivan Maisel: "Coach Saban, what do you do with the championship rings you have? Do you wear them or what?"
    Coach Saban: "I just put them on the coffee table for the recruits to look at."
    Saban press conference ESPN
    Crystal footballs are multiplying like bunnies at Bama.

BamaNation All-American RollTide1017's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sports Illustrated called it back in Jan. 2010:

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1017 View Post
    Sports Illustrated called it back in Jan. 2010:

is that Michael Williams making a block for the Ingram TD? Never noticed before. ole 89 is a very under appreciated player.

BamaNation Second Team

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

They are what I thought they were.
    RIP Hub

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    They are what I thought they were.
    those silly glasses allow you to see into the future

after the UGA game, my snarky reply to my jawjuh friends was "sometimes your best just isn't quite good enough". after the halftime interview from kelly i had to amend that statement to "sometimes your best isn't even close"
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team RollTideMustang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...poll=1&week=16 I had to post this on the board to funny....AP Poll have Notre Dame 12-0 I am sure a glitch...lol!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

i cannot believe i actually started o believe the hype and stupidly believed this game might be close. i said before i left work i predict the score would be 23-13. my boss predicted it would be a blowout (and he is a Clemson grad and fan)
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Second Team

RTR just found out we won ... blew them out the water

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmmiller711 View Post
    is that Michael Williams making a block for the Ingram TD? Never noticed before. ole 89 is a very under appreciated player.
    Yes. He was part of that stellar '08 class.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

BamaNation First Team CrimsonBeachBum's Avatar

I'm late to the party with this thread and can't say or add much that hasn't already been said. Just that, I didn't see that coming, i.e., a complete blow out and domination over ND. They were completely outclassed, mauled and manhandled by Bama. I'm so proud of this team!

RTR!
    "You got any biscuits fer sale in-nare?" "Reckin what you like to eat in-nare?"