****Official Post Game Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BSCCG****

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Last year's win was a very good win agains LSU in the BCS NCG, but this year has to be the greatest all-time win in Alabama history, I think.

Justification: 1966 and 24 to 23 and 13 to 11, et al.

This has got to be the most satisfying win since I have been following the Tide, i.e. since 1957.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This one was for all the graybeards who have had one waiting for the Irish. Saban has certainly done a number to honor Bryant in his championships by taking out Texas and Notre Dame. I doubt it was intentional beyond those two programs being the victim in the crosshairs but I know it makes folks like my grandfather pretty happy.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Media, just keep giving all those individual awards to others. At Alabama the NC trophies are much better than some unearned individual awards.

They need to make those NC trophies out of pure gold, so they will not shatter.

DownUnder

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 7, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I enjoyed seeing the Tide take care of business and was lucky enough to spend it in fine company with the family of everyone's favourite #54. I have enjoyed spending the past 2 years following with even greater interest than previously. Tuscaloosa and the great Bama fans will always be part of many happy memories. Even though Jesse will have moved on, I will be a Tide Fan for life. RTR from Australia. Enjoy the celebrations!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
To quote Lester, 'I didn't see this coming"; thought Bama would win, but didn't think it would be a massacre. I do disagree with BK; more than one step you and your team have to take to get to where Bama is. Some teams you beat this year are just about where you are now, and none of you are even close to Bama.
What a great time to be a Bama fan...this, to me, is better than the feeling I had during the peaks of CPB's tenure at Bama. ROLL TIDE ROLL brothers and sisters, see you guys around signing day.
Time to channel a little Queen...."Another one bites the dust, and another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust..."

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Up early working...whew.

But listening to mik and mike and it is good to hear that Rece Davis was a Bama fan as a child. He mentioned about the loss to Nd back in the day and how he remembers sitting and crying as a kid about it. He was explaining why this win meant so much to Bama fans.

I knew he went to Alabama, but never knew he was a fan from a young age.

most proud i've been since the 92 team...completely unexpected (IMO) coming into the year. tremendous accomplishment in "BCS" time winning 3 in 4...really incredible. So glad I was the true title game in person (SECCG)

Domers will be good for a long time and Kelly is not only a class act but a great coach and recruiter.

now just need Lacy to the Steelers in first round :)
Yes please, how does Steeler Nation not get anyone from Bama!

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
It looked like the entire offensive game plan for ND was to split the tall TE out and hit him on the side line. The QB wasn't that accurate and most of those plays were going out of bounds before a reception. I think it sent the signal to the ND players that they couldn't win with what got them there. Alabama was on its' game, but it seemed that there were several teams in the nation that would've been a better title matchup than ND.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Wow. What a terrific game, and what a terrific display of domination by the Tide. This game wasn't anywhere near as close as the lopsided score might indicate. The Crimson Tide showed why it IS the #1 team in the nation, and Notre Dame showed why it didn't belong in the game.
RTR
:biga:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Got up at 0400 this morning to replay the game. Sweet, sweet sweet. Sweet that it was ND we schooled. Sweet that it was for the crown. Sweet in the manner in which we won. No lingering doubts about how it came about. No excuses for ND to fall back on. No, " but...but...but...". Kicking game solid. All components operating at optimum level.

It helped assuage '73 a little. '66 not so much.

Yes, younger folks, this is what it felt like in the '70's to win it all, consistently. This current epoch that you're living in will be regaled to your descendants around the campfire just like our generation has done for decades. RTR

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I was pretty sure it was over when Brian Kelly declared pre-game that they had to play well for a total of about 8 minutes in the game knowing that Bama was planning on playing well all 60.

Great game. Great night. Loving it. RTR!

that may have been the first time i saw a coach in a championship game throw in the white towel at the halftime interview

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
i'm not sure if it is just because i am HUGE Mosley fan or not. but to me he played lights out and like a wildman. i think he got tired of hearing Te'o this, Te'o that. to me he showed Te'o up in the game. don't get me wrong Te'o is good but i think Mosley just outplayed him tonight.

i'm not sure if it is just because i am HUGE Mosley fan or not. but to me he played lights out and like a wildman. i think he got tired of hearing Te'o this, Te'o that. to me he showed Te'o up in the game. don't get me wrong Te'o is good but i think Mosley just outplayed him tonight.
Offensive line had something to do with that. But you're right Mosley played lights out and he's coming back!! Lets do it again!

Mr. McGibblets

Jan 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Congrats on a dominant win. It is clear Notre Dame is not on your level with regards to talent. But at least the benchmark is set on where they need to be to compete year in and year out. People whine about SEC/Bama always winning, but its their coisistency that ND and other schools will strive for which ultimately will make College football better. Hopefully, this year's Irish recruting class is not a fluke and they continue to battle with Bama, USC, UF, LSU, etc for the best classes. If that happens, then I think Kelly has the ability to continue to lead ND toward being consistenly competitive with SEC and other top BCS schools. We shall see. Nice win--- and one other thing---this site is legit and I enjoy reading alot of posts---even if they are ripping into ND some.

Go Irish.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.