****Official Post Game Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BSCCG****

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Congrats on a dominant win. It is clear Notre Dame is not on your level with regards to talent. But at least the benchmark is set on where they need to be to compete year in and year out. People whine about SEC/Bama always winning, but its their coisistency that ND and other schools will strive for which ultimately will make College football better. Hopefully, this year's Irish recruting class is not a fluke and they continue to battle with Bama, USC, UF, LSU, etc for the best classes. If that happens, then I think Kelly has the ability to continue to lead ND toward being consistenly competitive with SEC and other top BCS schools. We shall see. Nice win--- and one other thing---this site is legit and I enjoy reading alot of posts---even if they are ripping into ND some.

Go Irish.
Kelly's a great coach and ND will stay near the top with him at the helm. You guys deserved to be in the game and best of luck in the future. Last night, in my opinion, was possibly as good of a game as I've ever seen a Bama team play and you guys just happened to be the opponent. But congratulations on a great season.

sip

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Where are all the ND fans now; you know, all the ones that were trying to convince us that Golson = Manziel. I'm still laughing at that one, seriously, I can't stop laughing. The media refuses to label AJ as an elite QB but, they were so quick to label Golson as an equal to Manziel; I love it when there dreams are shattered! This one is going to feel great for a long, long time!

Mr. McGibblets

Jan 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kelly's a great coach and ND will stay near the top with him at the helm. You guys deserved to be in the game and best of luck in the future. Last night, in my opinion, was possibly as good of a game as I've ever seen a Bama team play and you guys just happened to be the opponent. But congratulations on a great season.

sip
Theee Old Buzz Saw.

Im telling you--I had Nightmares about the way that game started. It was like I visioned it before it all began. I had a post in the Offical Gameday NC game day thread which basically said I hope I am not in bed by halftime. I didnt go to bed but I was just exaggerating what could happen if it was an outright blwoout in the 1st 30 mins.

I didnt have much respect for McCarron, now I do. And Cooper is freakishly fast. I feel like I knew Bama's past NC teams prior to them reaching a bowl. I have to admit, I didnt know much about any of these players abilities. It was like Bama was a team who plodded along throughout the season taking care of business minus one weekend, nothing too flashy. THen last night it was like an insanely bright flash blinded me. I knew Lacy and Yeldon were beasts, but not beasts who were pretty much un-tackleable without being gang tackled.

Im not naive enough to think ND was the #1 team. But I do agree, I think they deserved to be there-- and anyone who doesnt agree, its not ND's fault, its the computer's to blame. Their schedule panned out not to be as tough and they somehow won games they should have lost and beat Oklahoma on the road and Stanford all while other teams failed to take care of business.

Frustrating because now its back to the old "Notre Dame does not belong" cliche talk. Oh well, I guess I'll let it burn like Usher.

Mr. McGibblets

Jan 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Where are all the ND fans now; you know, all the ones that were trying to convince us that Golson = Manziel. I'm still laughing at that one, seriously, I can't stop laughing. The media refuses to label AJ as an elite QB but, they were so quick to label Golson as an equal to Manziel; I love it when there dreams are shattered! This one is going to feel great for a long, long time!
I can tell you the ones you spoke or talk on here to who said Manziel=Golson were none that I spoke or talk to on our message boards. The media was trying to say that had a similar skill set with regards to mobility. I never really bought into that. But with so many ND fans odds are there will be fools in the group. I did not label AJ as elite. And I admitted I was mistaken.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I can tell you the ones you spoke or talk on here to who said Manziel=Golson were none that I spoke or talk to on our message boards. The media was trying to say that had a similar skill set with regards to mobility. I never really bought into that. But with so many ND fans odds are there will be fools in the group. I did not label AJ as elite. And I admitted I was mistaken.
I think the reason AJ doesn't get the credit he deserves - outside the SEC - is that he's not called on every single game to take the game over, as is the case with programs more biased towards the pass. His stats weren't gaudy. However, he was the national leader in pass efficiency. I saw that figure dismissed time after time. Last night showed why that's an important stat. That's the power of a balanced offense. You don't know which way they're gonna gash you and it ends up being both...

Mr. McGibblets

Jan 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Pretty funny, HSV, that me and you are back to our mini-discussion that we had in a few posts a few days before the game where I said I wasnt McCarron's biggest fan. I hadnt heard, nor, did I realize, that passing efficiency stat. I'm sold haha. Their secondary was torched and play action set up by the run was a killer.

I'm still shaking my head in disbeleif about how confused the D was due Bama hitting them in all facets.

The only way ND wins that game is if Bama plays below average and ND plays almost perfect. As it was Bama played almost perfect and ND played pretty bad which equals destruction. Vegas knew haha.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
that may have been the first time i saw a coach in a championship game throw in the white towel at the halftime interview

I was thinking what kind of statement does that give to your team when you wish the opponent wouldn't come out of the locker room in the 2nd half? He looked like the chubby kid at Thanksgiving that thought he was finally moving up to the grown-ups table only to be spanked and sent back to the kiddie table..

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
The biggest thing that ND and Te'o and a very biased national media overlooked was that Bama and other SEC teams face good or better linebackers like Te'o every week...I've watched ND play several times in 2012, I never saw what all the hype over him was about. Jarvis Jones at UGA is better, and Minter at LSU another, imho. Clowney, not a linebacker but clearly wreaks havoc on the line every week and definitely a better player in my book.
Bama is just that good but I believe it's because the SEC competition is that good too and the media was so bent on trying to take the SEC down they hyped up ND into some unstoppable force and Notre Dame players bought the hype.

I left work early yesterday to watch the coverage and it was still all talk aka blather about ND and "how was Bama gonna handle that ND awesome front 7" and comparisons of Golson to Manziel all day leading up to kickoff, as has been for weeks. No props/coverage given Bama other than B. Jones or McCarron snippets here and there. Even Herbstreit stated he felt BAMA was likely feeling cocky because of "14" and he felt ND would come out and take it to them. How wrong could he be.

Mosely played a great game and definitely was an impact for the Bama defense...you couldn't say that for Te'o at all. Biggest stage of all, and he was a no-show. Big time players show up. Sorry if thats harsh, just the way I see it. Bama's whole team showed up.
All we heard was that ND seemed to be a team of destiny. Last night, destiny was wearing crimson & white.

Congrats to Coach Saban, the staff, and the whole team...thank you for all the hard work, long hours, the amazing games, the thrill of the win, and the finish. Thank you for the heart and discipline you displayed throughout the season. Thank you for building a dynasty at Alabama that is unlike any we've seen in the modern era of college football.
What an amazing, amazing accomplishment in so short a time.

Roll Tide

i'm not sure if it is just because i am HUGE Mosley fan or not. but to me he played lights out and like a wildman. i think he got tired of hearing Te'o this, Te'o that. to me he showed Te'o up in the game. don't get me wrong Te'o is good but i think Mosley just outplayed him tonight.

Last edited:

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Ivan Maisel: "Coach Saban, what do you do with the championship rings you have? Do you wear them or what?"
Coach Saban: "I just put them on the coffee table for the recruits to look at."
Saban press conference ESPN

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They are what I thought they were.
those silly glasses allow you to see into the future ;)

after the UGA game, my snarky reply to my jawjuh friends was "sometimes your best just isn't quite good enough". after the halftime interview from kelly i had to amend that statement to "sometimes your best isn't even close"

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i cannot believe i actually started o believe the hype and stupidly believed this game might be close. i said before i left work i predict the score would be 23-13. my boss predicted it would be a blowout (and he is a Clemson grad and fan)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.