Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Who was right, McCarron or Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Considering he'll be in the NFL and AJ will still be at Bama, I'd hardly call that a strong bet...

Neither would I. Hence

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Re: Who was right, McCarron or Jones?

I didn't like the shove, but I didn't like AJ yelling down a fifth year senior who has protected his backside. All in all, that was the ultra competitiveness and desire for perfection from this program, and more precise, two brothers squabbling.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I didn't like the shove, but I didn't like AJ yelling down a fifth year senior who has protected his backside. All in all, that was the ultra competitiveness and desire for perfection from this program, and more precise, two brothers squabbling.
    And played the last two games with torn ligaments... I'm betting the pain medication had worn off by then.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Saw this on Facebook by an Auburn fan that had a meltdown the entire day yesterday and it's continued today...

Best imitation of a three-year-old that I've ever seen from a college football player. I hope AJ didn't soil his panties during that little _____ fit.
    Would like to tell the person that is the difference in Alabama and other schools. With the score 42-14, AJ wants to properly execute the play.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigBama76 View Post
    Barrett may have been right about the original count but AJ knew that time was running down and they needed to get the play off quicker or have a delay of game or burn a time out. It appeared that Barrett was being a little stubborn about it which set AJ off. AJ has a better look at the clock than Barrett and he is the QB so I'd give AJ the nod as to who was ultimately right.

I had a catcher once who got a little petulant and cost us a game so I kind of know how AJ felt. In basball the pitcher runs the show and in football it's the QB so the other players have to go along, right or wrong.
    The confrontation wasn't over snap count. AJ was trying to put the offense in one play and Barrett in another.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide Roll 17 View Post
    BJ was wrong as a OL you never push your QB.
    But AJ was wrong too, you never show up your guy like that on National Television....especially when he's 6'6" and over 300 pounds and can probably bench press a Buick

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

There's nothing to talk about here. They had a disagreement, AJ got in Barrett's face, and Barrett made it clear he wasn't going to tolerate being spoken to that way.

I think they both got their point across.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

AJ needs to save his temper for the bench. It's one thing to have a heated disagreement, it's another thing to show a guy up in front of all of his team mates, peers, and a national televised audience. I don't know who made the correct call on the field, but AJ has to control himself better that that no matter what the situation was.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I don't think anything of it, me and one of my best friends would dog each other during the course of me pitching and him catching during baseball, I'm sure a lot of teams had a blast at hearing us tell each other off. We spent more time fussing with each other than talking smack to the other side. Just how it is sometimes.

But at the end of the day we were still cracking open beers with no problem

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

AJ should't have jumped on BL. BJ shouldn't try to override the QB, right or wrong.

The QB has to be the leader in that situation.

It only occurred due to their close relationship.

I like our players fired up for perfection at that point of the game. AJ has come a long way in his leadership roll on offense.

Next year we'll enter the season with the best situation at QB in my adult lifetime. It's gonna be great!

BamaNation All-American

What were the directives from the coaches in this situation regarding changing the blocks and play and who makes the ultimate call? Does anyone here really know?

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    What were the directives from the coaches in this situation regarding changing the blocks and play and who makes the ultimate call? Does anyone here really know?
    I think what caused the issue was the play clock was about to expire. It appeared AJ was more concerned with getting the play off rather than changing the play/blocking. Barrett, who more than likely didn't see how close to zero play clock was, was more concerned about getting the change right. I loved it! It just showed how business like this team is and how they take it very serious all the way down to the final play.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

It reinforced my opinion that AJ needs another year of college. He lost his composure big time and severely rattled probably the most mentally disciplined player on the team. Most men do not take well to having someone violently screaming in their ear. He can never do that in the NFL. AJ is needs another year...........thank God!