Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Recipes
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Who was right, McCarron or Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    It reinforced my opinion that AJ needs another year of college. He lost his composure big time and severely rattled probably the most mentally disciplined player on the team. Most men do not take well to having someone violently screaming in their ear. He can never do that in the NFL. AJ is needs another year...........thank God!

I keep telling my wife this....
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    There's nothing to talk about here. They had a disagreement, AJ got in Barrett's face, and Barrett made it clear he wasn't going to tolerate being spoken to that way.

I think they both got their point across.
    I think this sums up what happened best.

AJ did invade BJ's space so that's the reason for the shove.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    I think this sums up what happened best.

AJ did invade BJ's space so that's the reason for the shove.
    I also think their relationship that has been spoken of in articles and really a focus leading up to the game was played out for us to see. I think it was Barrett who basically said "That's just how our relationship is, no big deal." Well, the articles were right and all the quotes with examples given by these two about their relationship obviously were very true. They're like brothers. They can go off on each other one minute then give a big ole hug the next. That's closer to how family is than friends. But I'd be willing to bet if anyone else did that to one of them, the other would step in and take up for him. Like the "I can talk bad about him but you dang well better not."
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

I think the ref was wanting to throw a flag for unsportsmanlike, but then remembered they were on the same team.

This is one of those things that is funny when you are up 28 on the #1 team late in the game. It would not have been funny during the last drive in a tie game.

Jones has two degrees and a 4.0. He also weighs over 300 pounds. I say he was right.

My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

AJ should have been kissing one of Barrett's 3 rings (or multiple trophies) for keeping his jersey clean and his knees in tact instead of getting on him. That over-rated nose tackle he battled all night on a gimpy foot earned him a little slack and a lot of respect from everyone--especially his QB. My opinion though. I'm glad they both had the temperment to get over it though.
    Last edited by jcabama; January 8th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

As others have said, the "incident" is nothing more than two passionate players wanting to execute to Bama's standard. Even so, I got a chuckle out of AJ's response to a reporter's statement about Barrett claiming he was right. Skip to 3:38 in the video.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in..._on-field.html
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

My Mood
    Angry on TideFans.com

BJ said he was right, post-game. I believe him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I was at the doctors office today & was talking about the game with a Lady seating besides me..She asked me a question I didn't know the answer to..She asked me had they actually gotten more physical with each other & had to be separated by the refs..Could it have drawn a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct from the refs..I don't think it could..But..That would've been the least of their worries once they got back to the sideline with Coach Saban waiting..

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar
    My Mood
    Innocent on TideFans.com

Golly gee, ya mean in a game where people are battling it out and multiple injuries occur and 250lb guys running a 4.5 try to hit someone as hard as they can that the big ole meanie 300lb'er shoved his qb and the qb didnt even fall down?
    crime of the century!!!!!

Quite frankly it kept me from going to sleep by that time in the game.

My Mood
    Bored on TideFans.com

Ok, I've read every post here and watched/listened to almost every interview with both players. I think everyone knows at this point why it happened. My question is did anyone else think what I did. I giggle every time I think about it. To me AJ's fit looked so much like CNS on the sidelines when something goes wrong. When it first happened it looked to me like he gave Barrett a pop on the bottom like coach gave him before. I was in SHOCK.
    Last edited by ART; January 8th, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
    I know they are here. You can smell em hanging around the gates, trying to figure out how the latches work! Little do they know, Staci is waiting with a 10KV prod and Earl just hangs em up and skins em. ~ CoastGhost

BamaNation All-American

I think they should just settle it at Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I think the ref was wanting to throw a flag for unsportsmanlike, but then remembered they were on the same team.

Jones has two degrees and a 4.0. He also weighs over 300 pounds. I say he was right.
    I LOL'ed at both of those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by jcabama View Post
    AJ should have been kissing one of Barrett's 3 rings (or multiple trophies) for keeping his jersey
    clean and his knees in tact instead of getting on him.
    AJ also has 3 rings and multiple trophies...

He was red-shirted in 2009.

My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan22 View Post
    I LOL'ed at both of those lines.

AJ also has 3 rings and multiple trophies...

He was red-shirted in 2009.
    Ring maybe, not so much on the trophies--Outland, Rimington, Campbell, multiple All-American selections, All SEC, etc etc
    Last edited by jcabama; January 10th, 2013 at 08:48 PM.