Who was right, McCarron or Jones?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Whether BJ was right or wrong doesn't matter.
BJ was wrong to shove AJ on the field.
The Alabama haters loved it.

Got to say thou that BJ got the best hit on AJ tonight. ND was no threat. ;)

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
You don't jump Barrett's butt at that point in the game and that point in BJs career.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Two friends caught in the heat of the moment, nothing more. They were both fine afterwards. Media needs something to talk about.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
That was my favorite part of the game. up 42-14 midway through the 4th and they're ticked about execution. Great stuff.

Coach Saban was mad b/c he thought there was a second left when AJ called the time out.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Two friends caught in the heat of the moment, nothing more. They were both fine afterwards. Media needs something to talk about.
I can understand you feeling that way & wish the media would let it go..Personally..I'm right the opposite..AJ's & Barrett's encounter to me..Showcased to recruits & all of college football..The competitive fire that wins NC's at Bama..I hope ESPN shows it a million times this off season..It's a testament to "The Process" & is a great recruiting tool..JMHO

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I can understand you feeling that way & wish the media would let it go..Personally..I'm right the opposite..AJ's & Barrett's encounter to me..Showcased to recruits & all of college football..The competitive fire that wins NC's at Bama..I hope ESPN shows it a million times this off season..It's a testament to "The Process" & is a great recruiting tool..JMHO
I think what it showed is that Alabama's mental make-up is machine like, fueled by seriousness and intensity. Though the game was "over" it is still about executing for an entire 60 minutes no matter the score.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Definitely one of the best parts of the game. Haters want to say that it was embarrassing and showed no class. I view it completely differently. I see 2 players who are about to win another National Championship and they are not satisfied until the clock read 0:00.

BTW this boiled down to Barrett trying to change the play call last second and AJ knowing the playclock was running down and trying to stick with the call. IMO, the problem with having two people with the capability of "checks". Let the veteran quarterback run the offense and you block your butt off. When you have too many chiefs and not enough Indians, things like this can happen.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Yep, Barrett and AJ both said they don't look at the scoreboard. You execute every play perfectly or you aren't happy. It was my personal highlight as well. If anyone doubted whether or not we could play for 60 minutes, that proved it. Roll Tide!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Yep, Barrett and AJ both said they don't look at the scoreboard. You execute every play perfectly or you aren't happy. It was my personal highlight as well. If anyone doubted whether or not we could play for 60 minutes, that proved it. Roll Tide!

it was just two competetitors, competing....simple as that.

Changin the topic, do you realize that this team is likely to be even better next season?
only 9 seniors, and out side of revamping the O-Line, every position will either be experienced or replaced by a high level talent in waiting?

McCarron was the big if, and with him returning, we have a great shot at having a chance for the never been done befor in college football 'three peat'.

we have a 1000 yard receiver and a 1000 yar rusher who were true freshmen...along with some big time young talent to surround them.. (Chris Black, Robert Foster, etc...Kenyon Drake, Derreck Henry, etc...)

lets not even mention the defense, who'll be playing some guys ive been waiting to see (Landon Collins & co)

the backups got plenty of experience this season, and thats going to pay big dividends next season.

Sorry, highjacked the thread!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Did Jones have the count correct? I know it does not really matter however I am interested what exactly happened.
It was a very surprising thing that happened. It even woke my wife up. My question is, it looked like AJ turned and called time out but it was not granted. Had the clock already expired? Krymsonman

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Did Jones have the count correct? I know it does not really matter however I am interested what exactly happened.
Barrett may have been right about the original count but AJ knew that time was running down and they needed to get the play off quicker or have a delay of game or burn a time out. It appeared that Barrett was being a little stubborn about it which set AJ off. AJ has a better look at the clock than Barrett and he is the QB so I'd give AJ the nod as to who was ultimately right.

I had a catcher once who got a little petulant and cost us a game so I kind of know how AJ felt. In basball the pitcher runs the show and in football it's the QB so the other players have to go along, right or wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.