Who was right, McCarron or Jones?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Ref spotted the ball late which is why Saban was mad and the play was late. IMO AJ should not have showed up BJ and BJ should not have put his hands on AJ. So to me both were wrong, and It was the refs fault :D

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
In Barrett's post game interview he said that "That's just how we are, you just have to know us. I was right, but whatever.":)

nathan

1st Team
May 17, 2006
Huntsville, AL
They were running down the clock & didn't have time for BJ to change the play when the defense shifted... and I'm sure they were both a ball of nerves! (Plus, they're roommates & all- probably normal stuff for them.)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I thought Saban was mad that AJ called a timeout that the ref did not see/recognize. ?
That's possible, but to me it looked like he was saying "spot the ball." I know he's mentioned before that in his opinion they take to long to spot it at times

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
The game was boring at that point. Announcers had nothing else to talk about. Well, that and AJ's girl.

Anyone who done a high level of sports has flipped out on a teammate. Nothing new. And not a big deal.

But BJ was right. He's got seniority, knows the offense better, and is the guy who keeps AJ from getting his uniform dirty.
The QB gets the media love and the girl, but the OLine protects his ....

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
I'm going with BJ. His character and desire to do his best kept AJ alive. Another center might have let the NG have a free shot at the qb after that. :) it happens.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The thing that impressed me the most - how competitive McCarron still was at that point in the game. Alabama was up by 28 with 7 minutes left in the game and he was still playing like the game was tied. A leader, to be sure.

single wing1

Suspended
Oct 11, 2005
The game was boring at that point. Announcers had nothing else to talk about. Well, that and AJ's girl.

Anyone who done a high level of sports has flipped out on a teammate. Nothing new. And not a big deal.

But BJ was right. He's got seniority, knows the offense better, and is the guy who keeps AJ from getting his uniform dirty.
The QB gets the media love and the girl, but the OLine protects his ....
Musburger IMO has nothing to say at anytime in a broadcast!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The thing that impressed me the most - how competitive McCarron still was at that point in the game. Alabama was up by 28 with 7 minutes left in the game and he was still playing like the game was tied. A leader, to be sure.
You can tell how much Coach Saban's competitive personality has rubbed off onto his players..That's a good thang for us Bama Fans..Not so much for the rest of college football..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.