I'm proud AJ got a GF, but the announcers made a fool of themselves talking about her

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
From a female perspective, I didn't see the big deal...and I didn't think an apology was necessary either.
The whole thing has been way overblown. I heard a small clip of her interview on the Today show and thought she handled it well. Beautiful girl (for a barner :wink:).

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I actually feel bad for Musberger, who has been thrown under the bus for this. His comments were not out of line or creepy--as may have said. I'm so OVER this politically correct society. :rolleyes:

Katherine is a well-spoken young woman and I appreciate her telling the media to basically SHUT IT and turn the focus back to AJ and the Crimson Tide!

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
From a female perspective, I didn't see the big deal...and I didn't think an apology was necessary either.
The whole thing has been way overblown. I heard a small clip of her interview on the Today show and thought she handled it well. Beautiful girl (for a barner :wink:).
Yeah...I made a comment to my wife about this and her being an Auburn grad. I said that first we took Auburn to the woodshed and then we stole their women!

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I have no problem with the original statements and Ms Webb has handled the attention with class. The media coverage is becoming a bit much though. Geez!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
AJ gets an introduction to woman 101. Do a regular or image Google search for "AJ McCarron" and you get majority pictures of his girlfriend. I love it.

I wish they would make the distinction between Miss Alabama and Miss Alabama USA. Miss Alabama is the real loser in this.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I just saw her on the news this morning again. This all reminds me back when Matt Leinart used to date Paris Hiltin and when Reggie Bush dated Kim Kardashian while they were at USC.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
This is pretty funny on twitter

This is pretty funny on twitter

@aaronmurray11: Aj McCarrons girlfriend needs to become a Dawg fan #dawgsontop

then AJ responds to him

@10AJMcCarron: @aaronmurray11 u don't win enough bud!! #15

then AJ responds to him
I just saw this article and couldn't help but post it...AJ taking a dig at the Dawgs and Aaron Murray after Murray tweeted about AJs GF,,,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/aaron-murray-aj-mccarron-girlfriend-twitter_n_2433908.html

(SIAP - I went thru the thread and didn't see it anywhere)

AwwPhooey

Jan 9, 2013
New Tweet from Darnell

-- @_Brentmusburger aye u going to king of diamonds Monday after game?
-- Aye @_Brentmusburger hit me (240) 464-xxxx when game over, lets go to wing stop then King of diamond

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Re: New Tweet from Darnell

I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point along the way, society has gotten overly protective of the 20 somethings. Not sure why. I know it wasn't like that when I was Katherine Webb's age. I just don't get all the "she's just a child" outcry. Had she been a high school girl and he made those comments on national tv, well yes, that would have been a different story. But the fact is, she is not a child. She is very much an adult.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.