Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ****Official Burton Burns Appreciate Thread****

I'll be very surprised if he takes the FSU job, because he's been wanting to slow down, not take a new challenge. However, who knows?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Just saw this. I'm beginning to get annoyed by FSU. I already don't like them.
    So am I. I just read where Walker decommitted and is about to enroll at FSU. They've been poaching off us since Fisher took over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigBama76 View Post
    So am I. I just read where Walker decommitted and is about to enroll at FSU. They've been poaching off us since Fisher took over.
    The Pruitt departure was not as smooth as advertised. This may be a bridge-burner...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The Pruitt departure was not as smooth as advertised. This may be a bridge-burner...
    I know I am not anyone that matters to the Bama football program....but it burned my bridge especially with the DW scenario and CJP. I cant believe they would even hire CJP as the DC, as he is the least experienced guy on the Bama staff, but has been a good recruiter. Even with a higher position, it seems CJP threw not only his alma mater and Defensive mentor under the bus to take the short ride with CJF and FSU....I wonder how long it will take Jimbo to throw Jeremy under the bus when this experiment does not work out.....I can see Jimbo, Jeremy, and Sal...all looking for jobs in a couple years or less and I wonder who they will be calling first. And if I was CNS I would not even answer their call.........

BamaNation First Team CrimsonDollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

****Official Burton Burns Appreciation Thread****

Quote Originally Posted by mittman View Post
    Other than coach Saban himself I don't think there is a coach on our staff that does a better job at his assigned responsibility. I am not one of those LB U or RB U or whatever position U thinkers, but he has certainly made our program the first look for every great RB recruit.
    Scott Cochrane(sp?) deserves a shoutout. He has done a FANTASTIC job, including RB strength development.
    Last edited by CrimsonDollar; January 9th, 2013 at 01:25 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't many believe Lance Thompson to have done the same? Would you consider this (Pruitt) worse?
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I heatd that as well. Always like to see coaches improve themselves & so does CNS. A lot of folks are getting tired of Jimbo, and there are a lot & I mean a lot that are still not to happy about they way Bowden was handled. Just remember Bobby raise a lot of money for that school.
    They are not as good at FSU of developing talent.

Now, Coach Burns he is the Best just ask Mark Ingram.

He stays, we pay, all appreciate him.

BTW, Urban Meyer was really pushing the get Bama coaches on ESPN with asking how do you not hire one of these coaches.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

****Official Burton Burns Appreciation Thread****

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    I heatd that as well. Always like to see coaches improve themselves & so does CNS. A lot of folks are getting tired of Jimbo, and there are a lot & I mean a lot that are still not to happy about they way Bowden was handled. Just remember Bobby raise a lot of money for that school.
    They are not as good at FSU of developing talent.

Now, Coach Burns he is the Best just ask Mark Ingram.

He stays, we pay, all appreciate him.

BTW, Urban Meyer was really pushing the get Bama coaches on ESPN with asking how do you not hire one of these coaches.
    Yeah, I saw something online where CNS is not pleased with what CJF is doing. Something seems up with everything going on at FSU.

As if I didn't like FSU enough already.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: ****Official Burton Burns Appreciation Thread****

Free Shoes University

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamablood6 View Post
    I know I am not anyone that matters to the Bama football program....but it burned my bridge especially with the DW scenario and CJP. I cant believe they would even hire CJP as the DC, as he is the least experienced guy on the Bama staff, but has been a good recruiter. Even with a higher position, it seems CJP threw not only his alma mater and Defensive mentor under the bus to take the short ride with CJF and FSU....I wonder how long it will take Jimbo to throw Jeremy under the bus when this experiment does not work out.....I can see Jimbo, Jeremy, and Sal...all looking for jobs in a couple years or less and I wonder who they will be calling first. And if I was CNS I would not even answer their call.........
    Am I missing something? Where did CJP throw Bama or Saban under the bus in the process of a promotion? Why do you think he is destined to fail at FSU? You said it the Walker recruiting thread, too. Stoops did such a poor job at FSU that he got the Kentucky head coaching job. To fail at FSU, Pruitt will have to do a horrendous job. That defense has a ridiculous amount of talent. Plus, they play in the ACC. Right now, the ACC is FSU and Clemson followed by everyone else.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Didn't many believe Lance Thompson to have done the same? Would you consider this (Pruitt) worse?
    As bad, anyway. However, the fact that Coach and Lance could make up would tend to tell me that, if Kirby moves on, we'd see CJP back.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Coach Burns is a wonderful coach and an even better man. He just can't leave! I've gotten to know him and I'd be losing a friend.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw on TideFans.com

just heard he turned FSU down
    Woo! Hoo!