ND's post game presser

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
All kudos to ND for giving Bama all the credit in their loss but did you ever see players that looked like they had their butt whipped? All of them had bruises on their faces. They looked like they had been in a knock down drag out.

Here is the link in case you missed it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8823704

Last edited:

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
I thought their comments were pretty classy even after a tough loss like that. But Te'o saying Alabama was the better team "tonight"? How bout the better team period. The media hyped this guy up all year long giving him everything other than the Heisman. He was nowhere to be found tonight other than missing 3-4 tackles at least. He seems like a good guy and I wish him luck in the NFL but like Corso said afterwards, this Alabama team could play Notre Dame 20 times and beat them 20 times in a row.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I thought their comments were pretty classy even after a tough loss like that. But Te'o saying Alabama was the better team "tonight"? How bout the better team period. The media hyped this guy up all year long giving him everything other than the Heisman. He was nowhere to be found tonight other than missing 3-4 tackles at least. He seems like a good guy and I wish him luck in the NFL but like Corso said afterwards, this Alabama team could play Notre Dame 20 times and beat them 20 times in a row.
I agree. Te'o was not the only one saying that Alabama was the better team "tonight". I thought their players were classy in their post game interview, but they could have left off the word "tonight". It could be that arrogance was involved.

Bama owed Notre Dame Big Time for prior years under Coach Bryant.

I feel better about this win than last year's win against LSU.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
fwiw, they all said "better team tonight."
Yeah, you're right. I guess it just stood out for me more when he said. Probably because the hype machine has been in full affect for him. I don't wish him any ill at all. I hope he has a successfull NFL career. But I admit it was nice to see the hype machine come to a screeching halt tonight.

ganu76

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 24, 2010
I don't think that they were necessarily saying "tonight ONLY". All their lives they've viewed Ws and Ls as going to whoever is the better team that day. That's just how it's always been worded.

Even if this game was to be played 100 times, Bama, being as prepared as they were would win every time... and Te'o knows this too. He knows that ND isn't anywhere near where they thought they were.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
It doesn't really matter if they said, "tonight," "this season," or "ever." Everyone one on this planet that saw that game knows that ND team would NEVER beat this Bama team. Ever.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Pretty sure that it's typical player speak to say "tonight"; no player is going to go around saying, "Man, they're just better than us. We would never have a chance in 100 against those guys!"

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
I agree. Te'o was not the only one saying that Alabama was the better team "tonight". I thought their players were classy in their post game interview, but they could have left off the word "tonight". It could be that arrogance was involved.

Bama owed Notre Dame Big Time for prior years under Coach Bryant.

I feel better about this win than last year's win against LSU.

Well, "tonight" is all that matters in the record or history books.
Besides, what else would they say? "Yeah, we had no business even being in the same state or stadium as Alabama?"

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
"They did not dominate us," Nix said. "We just didn't play our ballgame, man. We didn't make tackles. Everything we did or had lined up should have worked."

I think they believe "tonight" was an aberration. Sad.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73928097/

Roll Tide
I'll let them think that all they want. The crystal trophy is going to Tuscaloosa. If they didn't play "their" game last night, what were they preparing for with the month and a half they had?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
They are competitive young men and also victims of an over zealous media. The desire to have the glory days of Notre Dame return and put a stop to SEC dominance drove the hype that they hoped was true. In the end the truth was evident.
All that aside, I do not understand or agree that the media's need to expose the hurt of the losing team after a game like last night. The Notre Dame players handled the situation with class and dignity for the most part but they should not have to endure speaking on camera after a beat down.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Pretty sure that it's typical player speak to say "tonight"; no player is going to go around saying, "Man, they're just better than us. We would never have a chance in 100 against those guys!"
Agreed. This is the form letter statement you hear from every single athlete in every single sport who gets beat.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
You know it was ugly when Lee Corso, who predicted a ND win, says after the game "These two teams could play 20 times and Alabama wins every time." When old man Corso is brought to this conclusion then you know it was a monkey stomping.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
All kudos to ND for giving Bama all the credit in their loss but did you ever see players that looked like they had their butt whipped? All of them had bruises on their faces. They looked like they had been in a knock down drag out.

Here is the link in case you missed it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8823704
Well, that's because they were. Only problem was......they were the "knockee and the dragee" - Bama was the "knocker and dragger"!:smile:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.