Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three-Peat?

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Three-Peat?

There were times this season in which Alabama looked absolutely unbeatable. Had you committed to the run during the aTm game, you would have been undefeated and this would probably be considered one of the best national championship teams in history. You don't lose much to graduation, and will only lose a few underclassmen to the draft.

Yeah, you could win again next year. You will be the favorites. Time will tell.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    I'd love to play the Ducks for obvious reasons, but I don't care if we play a patsy like ND again.
    The Media would have another excuse for yet another 'LOVE FEST' with our opponent. I love the last five minutes of the game, when the talking heads abandon ship, and acknowledge us as the winner...

Suspended

Replacing O lineman will be the biggest challenge. Maybe USC will be the pre-season no 1 again.

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Remember John Wooden's UCLA basketball dynasty of the 70's? This is shaping up to be something similar.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yes

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    The Media would have another excuse for yet another 'LOVE FEST' with our opponent. I love the last five minutes of the game, when the talking heads abandon ship, and acknowledge us as the winner...
    I noticed that too.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

alot will depend on fluker IMO. i think there is a slight chance he could return. i think our D next year will be great. how great im not sure, but i do think we will be stacked on D. i fully expect d henry to play next year if lacy leaves.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    In fairness, a huge part of their job is to hold viewers. After the game Herbstreit said that he knew that the game was over early but his role didn't allow him to say it. He had to continue to help viewers find reasons to keep watching, which means helping them believe that Notre Dame was still in the game/still had a chance.

As for next year, if Alabama is in it again the entire story will be the three-peat. The other team will have a hard time getting any press.

BamaNation All-SEC Timberline Tide's Avatar

I know quite a few Duck fans and, yes, they think they have a chance, but so did ND fans.

They're a typical "new money" type team. They think since they can hang 70 on some directional school they can do the same to the SEC elite.
    All of my inlaws are in Oregon and are huge Duck fans .... but oddly enough they never made it known until the last few years. .

Typical of the above comment was when they were beating their chests about how many points they laid on Colorado. 1-11 Colorado ...seriously?. My FIL called yesterday as a new-found Notre Dame fan .... haven't heard from him since.

BamaNation All-SEC

Alabama have done something special by winning 3 of the last 4, but can you imagine a 3-peat with 4 of the last 5? It would be stunning.

Looking at our schedule, returning talent, new recruits, and coaching staff, it is quite possible. Maybe there was more to Saban showing all the Jordan stuff before.

Either way, it is fun to dream.

we have a VERY good shot at it...whih would be historic.

BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smohabbat View Post
    I guarantee Oregon will not win the PAC. Stanford looks really strong next year. If we see a team from the PAC next year, it'll be Stanford and not Oregon.

It's relaxing to know we'll have all summer plus two weeks to prepare for Manziel. Trust in Saban, Smart and company to find a gameplan to contain Manziel. So excited for next season! Roll tide ro

TamU loses quite a bit of players off this squad and possibly both off tackles. Big thing is the defense will be properly motivated this time.

BamaNation All-SEC

I'd love to play the Ducks for obvious reasons, but I don't care if we play a patsy like ND again.
    honestly, I dont feel the game would have been much different against Oregon.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    In fairness, a huge part of their job is to hold viewers. After the game Herbstreit said that he knew that the game was over early but his role didn't allow him to say it. He had to continue to help viewers find reasons to keep watching, which means helping them believe that Notre Dame was still in the game/still had a chance.

As for next year, if Alabama is in it again the entire story will be the three-peat. The other team will have a hard time getting any press.
    I hope we get a shot and your boys and curb stomp urban meyer again. He may want to spend more time with his family.