Three-Peat?

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Alabama have done something special by winning 3 of the last 4, but can you imagine a 3-peat with 4 of the last 5? It would be stunning.

Looking at our schedule, returning talent, new recruits, and coaching staff, it is quite possible. Maybe there was more to Saban showing all the Jordan stuff before.

Either way, it is fun to dream. :D

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
it will be determined @ college station and the SECCG. I think if we dont lose focus and dont have too many injuries we will be seeing Oregon in Pasadena:BigA:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'd love to play the Ducks for obvious reasons, but I don't care if we play a patsy like ND again.
I think Oregon will control their schedule but its also for the reason I'm tired of Oregon fans saying they can leave Bama and the SEC in the dust.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Alabama have done something special by winning 3 of the last 4, but can you imagine a 3-peat with 4 of the last 5? It would be stunning.

Looking at our schedule, returning talent, new recruits, and coaching staff, it is quite possible. Maybe there was more to Saban showing all the Jordan stuff before.

Either way, it is fun to dream. :D
I've always felt that the 2010 team was probably the best team in all areas except the OL. Just look back to that Michigan State bowl game. On that day, Bama was as good or better than any team in the nation on that day. Should not have lost to USCe or the Barn.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I think Oregon will control their schedule but its also for the reason I'm tired of Oregon fans saying they can leave Bama and the SEC in the dust.

I know quite a few Duck fans and, yes, they think they have a chance, but so did ND fans.

They're a typical "new money" type team. They think since they can hang 70 on some directional school they can do the same to the SEC elite.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
They're a typical "new money" type team. They think since they can hang 70 on some directional school they can do the same to the SEC elite.
Yet we saw how many they hung on probably the weakest SEC national championship defense since the streak started.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Yet we saw how many they hung on probably the weakest SEC national championship defense since the streak started.
Oh, I know. They didn't fair well against LSU either. Oregon has very ignorant fans. The media feeds this as well. The Ducks offense is fun to watch against weak competition, but doesn't produce results against elite teams. The defense has ranged from average to abysmal too. You can't argue with stupid people, though.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
I guarantee Oregon will not win the PAC. Stanford looks really strong next year. If we see a team from the PAC next year, it'll be Stanford and not Oregon.

It's relaxing to know we'll have all summer plus two weeks to prepare for Manziel. Trust in Saban, Smart and company to find a gameplan to contain Manziel. So excited for next season! Roll tide roll!!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Oh, I know. They didn't fair well against LSU either. Oregon has very ignorant fans. The media feeds this as well. The Ducks offense is fun to watch against weak competition, but doesn't produce results against elite teams. The defense has ranged from average to abysmal too. You can't argue with stupid people, though.
yea i do like to watch their offense,but their fans (I work with several) think they have the SEC "problem" solved, and whine about that they wouldve beat the boogs if Dyer hadnt cheated, yet they couldnt handle the most overated defensive lineman named Fairly. Them and the Boise "fans" are on par for the biggest whiners ive encountered and thats saying alot since I lived with LSU and *U fans growing up. I would still love a Bama vs the Quacks natty for the chance for a threepeat:wink::BigA:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I guarantee Oregon will not win the PAC. Stanford looks really strong next year. If we see a team from the PAC next year, it'll be Stanford and not Oregon.

It's relaxing to know we'll have all summer plus two weeks to prepare for Manziel. Trust in Saban, Smart and company to find a gameplan to contain Manziel. So excited for next season! Roll tide roll!!

Stanford is possible since its at the Farm, but Thomas and Manziel are on Bama's mind right now and we have a long break.
RTR

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

It looks like Johnny Football has some Honey Badger in him, and makes bad choices....we shall see but me thinks he is a playa

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There were times this season in which Alabama looked absolutely unbeatable. Had you committed to the run during the aTm game, you would have been undefeated and this would probably be considered one of the best national championship teams in history. You don't lose much to graduation, and will only lose a few underclassmen to the draft.

Yeah, you could win again next year. You will be the favorites. Time will tell.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'd love to play the Ducks for obvious reasons, but I don't care if we play a patsy like ND again.
The Media would have another excuse for yet another 'LOVE FEST' with our opponent. I love the last five minutes of the game, when the talking heads abandon ship, and acknowledge us as the winner...

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Replacing O lineman will be the biggest challenge. Maybe USC will be the pre-season no 1 again.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Remember John Wooden's UCLA basketball dynasty of the 70's? This is shaping up to be something similar.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
alot will depend on fluker IMO. i think there is a slight chance he could return. i think our D next year will be great. how great im not sure, but i do think we will be stacked on D. i fully expect d henry to play next year if lacy leaves.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.