Three-Peat?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Media would have another excuse for yet another 'LOVE FEST' with our opponent. I love the last five minutes of the game, when the talking heads abandon ship, and acknowledge us as the winner...
In fairness, a huge part of their job is to hold viewers. After the game Herbstreit said that he knew that the game was over early but his role didn't allow him to say it. He had to continue to help viewers find reasons to keep watching, which means helping them believe that Notre Dame was still in the game/still had a chance.

As for next year, if Alabama is in it again the entire story will be the three-peat. The other team will have a hard time getting any press.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
I know quite a few Duck fans and, yes, they think they have a chance, but so did ND fans.

They're a typical "new money" type team. They think since they can hang 70 on some directional school they can do the same to the SEC elite.
All of my inlaws are in Oregon and are huge Duck fans .... but oddly enough they never made it known until the last few years. :rolleye2: .

Typical of the above comment was when they were beating their chests about how many points they laid on Colorado. 1-11 Colorado ...seriously?. My FIL called yesterday as a new-found Notre Dame fan .... haven't heard from him since. :wink:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Alabama have done something special by winning 3 of the last 4, but can you imagine a 3-peat with 4 of the last 5? It would be stunning.

Looking at our schedule, returning talent, new recruits, and coaching staff, it is quite possible. Maybe there was more to Saban showing all the Jordan stuff before.

Either way, it is fun to dream. :D

we have a VERY good shot at it...whih would be historic.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
I guarantee Oregon will not win the PAC. Stanford looks really strong next year. If we see a team from the PAC next year, it'll be Stanford and not Oregon.

It's relaxing to know we'll have all summer plus two weeks to prepare for Manziel. Trust in Saban, Smart and company to find a gameplan to contain Manziel. So excited for next season! Roll tide ro

TamU loses quite a bit of players off this squad and possibly both off tackles. Big thing is the defense will be properly motivated this time.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
In fairness, a huge part of their job is to hold viewers. After the game Herbstreit said that he knew that the game was over early but his role didn't allow him to say it. He had to continue to help viewers find reasons to keep watching, which means helping them believe that Notre Dame was still in the game/still had a chance.

As for next year, if Alabama is in it again the entire story will be the three-peat. The other team will have a hard time getting any press.
I hope we get a shot and your boys and curb stomp urban meyer again. He may want to spend more time with his family.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
alot will depend on fluker IMO. i think there is a slight chance he could return. i think our D next year will be great. how great im not sure, but i do think we will be stacked on D. i fully expect d henry to play next year if lacy leaves.
IDK is you know something I don't, but, right now, the chances of his returning are in the single digits. Or lower...

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
i have no inside info ever lol. just saying went from a preseason top 10 pick to a possible early 2nd to mid 2nd round pick from early indications. might consider staying.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.