Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team theshow4jsu_13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Did we "Geno" Manti Te'o?

I know he didn't win the heisman, but he was highly decorated. After watching highlights, our offense made him look fairly inept. Thoughts?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Did we.Geno Manti Te'o?

Quote Originally Posted by theshow4jsu_13 View Post
    I know he didn't win the heisman, but he was highly decorated. After watching highlights, our offense made him look fairly inept. Thoughts?
    I'd say yes. Several times Herbie said he looked confused. I also saw one play he had his arms around our guy (I think Lacy) and he just left him behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

That kid was shell-shocked after the first drive. He didn't know what hit him. By the end of the quarter, he was dazed and confused. In that regard, yes, I believe we did.
    RTR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    That kid was shell-shocked after the first drive. He didn't know what hit him. By the end of the quarter, he was dazed and confused. In that regard, yes, I believe we did.

if you watch the replay, there is a good shot of his expression going into the locker room at half. he looked like he was on the verge of sobbing. i think we made them quit at halftime.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    if you watch the replay, there is a good shot of his expression going into the locker room at half. he looked like he was on the verge of sobbing. i think we made them quit at halftime.
    Well, judging by Kelley's comments at the half - 'Coach, what's it going to take for your team to come back in the 2nd half?' Kelley: 'For Bama not to come back out.' - I'd say that they quit from top to bottom.
    RTR

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, judging by Kelley's comments at the half - 'Coach, what's it going to take for your team to come back in the 2nd half?' Kelley: 'For Bama not to come back out.' - I'd say that they quit from top to bottom.
    I laughed when he said that. He also looked shocked much of the game. I like him though. He really seams to want to do things the way Saban does. In his own words though "we've got a ways to go"

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Yes...

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We can add ND to the list of teams who learned 'Arm tackling' don't work. Manti Te'o tried to 'Wave at Lacy', as he ran by. Te'o was pretty much pushed around where we wanted him, by our line... Lots of red faces by folks who heaped praise and rewards on him. The weak schedule played by ND convinced lots of folks that Manti Te'o was an unstoppable force... I'd say he was 'SABANIZED'... Can I 'Coin that phrase'?
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 8th, 2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: format

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDMD View Post
    I laughed when he said that. He also looked shocked much of the game. I like him though. He really seams to want to do things the way Saban does. In his own words though "we've got a ways to go"
    yeah for whatever reason i had him pegged as a (can i say) butthead, but he really seems to have a lot of class about him. ive been impressed every time he's opened his mouth this last month

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Te'o and think he is a classy player and good person but I think last night made it clear that he isn't anywhere near as good as the media annointed him. I kind of felt bad for him. You know, it's not these guys fault that the media slobbers all over them.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did we "Geno" Manti Te'o?

The media love fest with the Domers makes any good player for them a target for over-inflation. If you're a pro coach, who are you going to draft, Te'o or CJ Mosley? It's not contest, yet the media outside of Alabama barely knows Mosley exists. Thankfully for our players NFL Guys need real talent, not catchy names and reputation.
    BS 1989

Post Thanks / Like

The analyst this AM (Smith?) had it right when he said that ND was simply not used to the speed they were seeing and, as a consequence, were taking bad angles. This was particularly true with MT. He just wasn't as mobile as I expected...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Yes
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1