Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Did we "Geno" Manti Te'o?

Yes indeed. And hopefully the younger Bama fans know what the OP is referring to...

I like the analogy.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Manti's "greatness" was due in in large part to NBC and ESPN's marketing departments. He is a good LB. Nothing special. IMO

I eventually got sick about hearing that his Grandmother passed away. I know a certain Marine who's only, deeply beloved Grandmother passed away back in Alabama while he was fighting in Afghanistan and doubt seriously if he was any less hurt.

And yes I know his girlfriend also died but enough was enough.

My point is the media should not be exploiting death while in the middle of a marketing campaign for the Heisman.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Never really got the Manti love thing. I was looking at individual defensive stats last night and the only category where he is in the top 50 is interceptions and that is number three. Several of those were "look what I found" catches. He is Tebow (without the stats). I am sure he is a great guy but enough of the Manti Christo meme.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFossil View Post
    Yes indeed. And hopefully the younger Bama fans know what the OP is referring to...

I like the analogy.
    I was seven at that time, but I get the analogy

BamaNation All-American

Re: Did we.Geno Manti Te'o?

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    We can add ND to the list of teams who learned 'Arm tackling' don't work. Manti Te'o tried to 'Wave at Lacy', as he ran by. Te'o was pretty much pushed around where we wanted him, by our line... Lots of red faces by folks who heaped praise and rewards on him. The weak schedule played by ND convinced lots of folks that Manti Te'o was an unstoppable force... I'd say he was 'SABANIZED'... Can I 'Coin that phrase'?
    Teo is a very good linebacker, and also a poster boy to emphasize showing football is a team sport. One great defensive player can rarely change a games outcome over a team effort.

Teo's defensive line was so man handled that he was fighting with an O-lineman almost every play...something that usually doesnt happen. hard for a LB to make an impact if he has to constantly try to go around a massive lineman. To me, the game exposed Notre Dames so called incredible defensive linemen who were blown apart by Warmack, Jones, Kouandjou, Fluker and Steen on almost every play!

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Did we "Geno" Manti Te'o?

He was sucked in on that TD pass so badly I could feel the low pressure system all the way in Huntsville. What a beautiful call Nuss made on that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Te'o is a great LB. Last night he just found himself matched up with a very special O-Line, that's it. There is no need to run him down. He wasn't bad last night, we were great.
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

He wasn't a factor against a vastly superior offensive line and powerful running game.

That said, he was gracious in his comments about congratulating Bama. So he seems to be a good guy.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The analyst this AM (Smith?) had it right when he said that ND was simply not used to the speed they were seeing and, as a consequence, were taking bad angles. This was particularly true with MT. He just wasn't as mobile as I expected...
    This is what appeared to me caught MT off guard. There were several plays where MT went to tackle EL and when he "got there" EL wasn't there. He had already planted and changed directions. Begrudgingly, Urban Meyer said it halftime. ND isn't used to the speed. In the regular season they were able to take bad angles and still get to the ball carrier but not last night. Take a bad angle and as MT learned you get toasted.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    This is what appeared to me caught MT off guard. There were several plays where MT went to tackle EL and when he "got there" EL wasn't there. He had already planted and changed directions. Begrudgingly, Urban Meyer said it halftime. ND isn't used to the speed. In the regular season they were able to take bad angles and still get to the ball carrier but not last night. Take a bad angle and as MT learned you get toasted.
    During the regular season, those angles weren't "bad," because the players they were trying to tackle were so much slower...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Te'o was the primary victim of Barrett Jones handling Louis Nix one-on-one when the MO of the 3-4 defense is for the NT to command a double team.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Did we.Geno Manti Te'o?

We have seen the look before. Gino Torretta, Jordan Jefferson are two that come to mind. He appeared confused and angry. He knew they were getting thumped and there was nothing he could do about it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theshow4jsu_13 View Post
    I know he didn't win the heisman, but he was highly decorated. After watching highlights, our offense made him look fairly inept. Thoughts?
    According to Brent, he is one of the most decorated players in college football history.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!