Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Did we.Geno Manti Te'o?

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    if you watch the replay, there is a good shot of his expression going into the locker room at half. he looked like he was on the verge of sobbing. i think we made them quit at halftime.
    I said the same thing last night to my husband about him looking like he was about to cry.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Someone here locally made a good analysis that Te'o is a lot like Bosworth. Whole lot of hype little bit of substance, football wise.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    Well, judging by Kelley's comments at the half - 'Coach, what's it going to take for your team to come back in the 2nd half?' Kelley: 'For Bama not to come back out.' - I'd say that they quit from top to bottom.
    one of the most honest responses I've ever heard from a coach...and tough for a coach to say, but I think he knew that his team was out mateched, and he gave credit to the team they were playing...

I gained a lot of respect for him from that halftime interview, and how he and his players handled the after game interviews.

I think Teo was much worse than Geno. Teo just simply looked shocked.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

Bama "Gino" the whole Notre Dame team, not just Te'o.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Is it just me, or did Teo look like someone who would be a safety on our team. I have no clue what his height/weight is, but he looked maybe 6'1 220 lbs. Pretty small for a middle linebacker by bama standards, or any college football teams standards for that matter. I havent watched any ND games prior to this one, but from the highlights I've seen I thought he would be bigger in stature than he looked last night.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Is it just me, or did Teo look like someone who would be a safety on our team. I have no clue what his height/weight is, but he looked maybe 6'1 220 lbs. Pretty small for a middle linebacker by bama standards, or any college football teams standards for that matter. I havent watched any ND games prior to this one, but from the highlights I've seen I thought he would be bigger in stature than he looked last night.
    ESPN lists him as 6'2, 255, which appears to be about average for Bama's LBs' height. He weighs a little more than most of Bama's LBs.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    ESPN lists him as 6'2, 255, which appears to be about average for Bama's LBs' height. He weighs a little more than most of Bama's LBs.
    Oh ok. He just didnt look 255 to me. It'll be interesting to see what he measures at the combine. Most players are an inch or two shorter than their list height. Not that it really matters, I was just curious.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did we "Geno" Manti Te'o?

Yes, yes we did.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Re: Did we "Geno" Manti Te'o?

I noticed the entire game he just looked bewildered. A couple of times, I could have sworn I saw him crying while on the field. It might have just been sweat though, but to me he looked visibly upset. I recall him chasing after Lacy several times and you could tell he was frustrated just by the way he was running.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    According to Brent, he is one of the most decorated players in college football history.
    I thought that was AJ's girlfriend???

Oh, I get it now. "Geno" actually refers to Gino Torretta, the QB in the 1992 championship game. I kept thinking, "What does Geno Smith have to go with the game?"

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theshow4jsu_13 View Post
    I thought that was AJ's girlfriend???
    Bazinga