Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If you're AJ, do you re-evaluate your draft status?

Seems as though he may have helped himself with his performance last night. Of he went from a low 3 to a low 2, do you declare? Low 3 to high 3?

Curious if he 'moved' at all, and if it's significant enough to make him re-think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Advertisement

Re: If you're AJ, do you re-evaluate your draft status?

Probably not - Alabama is favorite to win the BCSCG again next year. He continues to improve - he has not reached his full potential yet.

Consider this - he is probably an early first rounder if he is the QB of a three time national championship team.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

You've got to think, with the success of this past rookie QB class, that teams will be looking a little harder at the next crop. Whether or not he's improved his status enough to "move the needle," you also have to consider whether or not he can improve his status any more with another year at the Capstone.

On the plus side, he will come back to a lot of weapons to play with at Bama; but, he will also be breaking in a couple of new OL.

Tough decision.
    RTR

BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar

Another title probably won't help a great deal. What will help is if he continues to get bigger and not have periods during the season that he seems to fade out. I love the guy and believe he had a shoulder injury or loss of arm strength during this season. Another year of steady play will help.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No come back! Nah, he's just getting better and better. I would but if he wants to stay I won't push him.
    ROLL TIDE!

I don't see him changing his mind. I am sure they figured they would win this game. If he was on the fence, he would not have said anything till after the game.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

But that kind of game, where he did everything right, may have pushed him higher than he'd go if he has a 'sub par' season this year. It's a gamble, for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

No.. his evaluation won't change much. His place to move up would be the combine. He'll come back with a chance to do something no one has accomplished, plus will be in He is man talk...

I think McCarron's best chance to move his draft status is the senior bowl, which obviously means coming back next year.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did AJ get his jersey dirty? Our 'O' line gave him superb protection. Just like the 'TERMANATOR', AJ will be back...

There is nothing left for AJ to do at Alabama. The smart move would be to enter the draft and get the money.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

The boy doesn't need money. He is dating a Beauty Queen. He's a good looking kid who is King ...... the smart move is to enjoy the moment....and not move it along too fast....

There is plenty left to do -- if he wins 3 in a row -- he becomes a College Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    There is nothing left for AJ to do at Alabama. The smart move would be to enter the draft and get the money.
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

I dunno, but his performances in the BCS title games have been ridiculous:
    @BFeldmanCBS
    AJ McCarron now 43-60 (72%) 4 TDs, 0 INTs in 2 BCS Title games which came against nation's #1 and #2 defenses.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!