If you're AJ, do you re-evaluate your draft status?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Seems as though he may have helped himself with his performance last night. Of he went from a low 3 to a low 2, do you declare? Low 3 to high 3?

Curious if he 'moved' at all, and if it's significant enough to make him re-think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Probably not - Alabama is favorite to win the BCSCG again next year. He continues to improve - he has not reached his full potential yet.

Consider this - he is probably an early first rounder if he is the QB of a three time national championship team.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
You've got to think, with the success of this past rookie QB class, that teams will be looking a little harder at the next crop. Whether or not he's improved his status enough to "move the needle," you also have to consider whether or not he can improve his status any more with another year at the Capstone.

On the plus side, he will come back to a lot of weapons to play with at Bama; but, he will also be breaking in a couple of new OL.

Tough decision.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
Another title probably won't help a great deal. What will help is if he continues to get bigger and not have periods during the season that he seems to fade out. I love the guy and believe he had a shoulder injury or loss of arm strength during this season. Another year of steady play will help.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I don't see him changing his mind. I am sure they figured they would win this game. If he was on the fence, he would not have said anything till after the game.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
But that kind of game, where he did everything right, may have pushed him higher than he'd go if he has a 'sub par' season this year. It's a gamble, for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
No.. his evaluation won't change much. His place to move up would be the combine. He'll come back with a chance to do something no one has accomplished, plus will be in He is man talk...

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
There is nothing left for AJ to do at Alabama. The smart move would be to enter the draft and get the money.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The boy doesn't need money. He is dating a Beauty Queen. He's a good looking kid who is King ...... the smart move is to enjoy the moment....and not move it along too fast....

There is plenty left to do -- if he wins 3 in a row -- he becomes a College Football Legend
There is nothing left for AJ to do at Alabama. The smart move would be to enter the draft and get the money.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I dunno, but his performances in the BCS title games have been ridiculous:
@BFeldmanCBS
AJ McCarron now 43-60 (72%) 4 TDs, 0 INTs in 2 BCS Title games which came against nation's #1 and #2 defenses.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Regardless, if AJ comes out this year it's to be a backup. A reasonably high draft pick, and perhaps groomed as a successor, but he's not going to be drafted to start for an NFL team.

However, AJ has a chance to play himself to the front of the line. I felt that the A&M game would be the deciding factor and it was. If AJ came up big (perhaps just a TD instead of INT) and Alabama beat A&M, I think he would have been a Heisman finalist (pushing Johnny down while his status went up) and could have sustained enough momentum. Instead, his performance wasn't the best and it really dropped him off the Heisman map and tarnished things.

As Saban said today, AJ should get respect for the things he did this upcoming season. He'll be a Heisman candidate from the start, and he'll have people watching him. He won't have to try and play himself into talk like he had to this year, he'll be there from the start. No NFL team minds AJ getting the extra experience. Nuss has a track record developing QBs, so AJ will only be more ready, and more proven as a quarterback. I hope he wins a Heisman, I hope he wins another NC, but even if he doesn't it's hard to imagine it hurts his stock. It's a wise financial move to stay one more year for him, but if he was a first rounder it would be completely different.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Here's the thing with AJ -- is he an NFL Starter as a Rookie? If so -- go. If not, take one more year of playing ball (instead of holding a Clip Board) and learn -- be a big fish - become a College Football Legend. Compete for a Heisman --

AJ will never be poor, never be hungry.........but he can become a 3 time Champion -- and a chance to be a part of 4 Rings in 5 Years -- the NFL can wait

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
AJ just said (in an interview on ESPN) that he was coming back next year, had already announced it, and wants to play with his brother (who will be a FR TE) one more year as neither of them are guaranteed they'll ever play anything after college.

He'll be back and we'll be (a lot) better for it!

RTR!

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
AJ has to got to work on keeping his emotions in check. Its one thing to feel the emotion, its entirely another to show such emotion. Im talking about the LSU outburst and now last night with Barrett. None of that is looked favorably upon in NFL lockerooms or with scouts. Dr. Elko has been working with CNS on his sideline demeanor in being more of "steady hand" on deck leading his troops in battle. He said yesterday on Finebaum's show that CNS is working on his expressions as not to be interpreted as "result oriented". AJ needs to hone these skills as well next season with the help of Dr. Elko. WHAT A GREAT GAME, HUH?!!<in my best Les Miles> lol ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.