Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Re: "It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

Everything we did or had lined up should have worked.
    Yes, everything works. On paper.

Welcome to the real world, bub.
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    Nix is right. Bama didn't dominate them. They HUMILIATED them. Dominate is too kind.

When you give up 7 yards per carry, you got OWNED!
    When you give up 7 ypc and the guy you're going against is a 300 pounder on a severely injured foot, you REALLY got owned!! Not as often as I'm sure we wanted to do, but BJ took on Nix 1 on 1 for a good # of plays.

To give ND some props, the rest of their players and the coach were classy and respectful in their comments.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Even their fans are in denial. From Irish Envy: This was frustrating to watch. Bama was a better team but not by that much.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Also could you imagine this. ND actually won't receive rings or anything for this season because they didn't win anything. They went 12-0 in the regular season, but they don't play a championship game so now all they have is a 12-1 record. I guess we would have been in the same boat last year if we didn't beat LSU.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wasn't Nix the poor kid they had to carry off a stretcher after Lacy hit him near the sideline?
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    which game did Nix play in last night?
    none from what I saw

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Also could you imagine this. ND actually won't receive rings or anything for this season because they didn't win anything. They went 12-0 in the regular season, but they don't play a championship game so now all they have is a 12-1 record. I guess we would have been in the same boat last year if we didn't beat LSU.

Heck, they can't even pull a Les and put #2 Nationally on their rings... #3/4 Nationally just doesn't command the same respect

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Nix in denial.
    Well, to be fair to Nix, they did limit us to only 2 RBs with more than 100 yards rushing. And there was that one time AJ was worried about getting hit...wait, that was by Barrett; never mind. Back to Nix, there were only 15-20 plays where our RBs ran right through the part of the line he *coughs* "controlled" *clears throat*. And there were a few times he didn't end up a play picking turf out of the back of his helmet. So I s'pose one could argue we didn't dominate them.

...if one has no hint of logical thought process happening.
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Precisely, playing for ND has got to be one of the most empty and elusive goals out there. Those kids have nothing to show for their hardwork if they dont win the National Championship. If ND doesnt think that doesnt get used against them on the recruiting trail - they really are delirious. Their absolute refusal to join a conference - hurts them more than they know. I expect those players last night finally figured it out...

BamaNation Third Team richmond2ttown's Avatar

The hardest hit AJ took all night was from Barrett...

Okay Nix, "they" did not dominate you. But Barrett Jones owned you. I don't remember seeing one double team all night. Krymsonman

Who's Nix? Did the guy play? I don't remember him.....hmmmm.
    Crystal footballs are multiplying like bunnies at Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    Precisely, playing for ND has got to be one of the most empty and elusive goals out there. Those kids have nothing to show for their hardwork if they dont win the National Championship. If ND doesnt think that doesnt get used against them on the recruiting trail - they really are delirious. Their absolute refusal to join a conference - hurts them more than they know. I expect those players last night finally figured it out...
    You really are giving them too much credit!