"It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Re: "It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

Nix in denial.
Well, to be fair to Nix, they did limit us to only 2 RBs with more than 100 yards rushing. And there was that one time AJ was worried about getting hit...wait, that was by Barrett; never mind. ;) Back to Nix, there were only 15-20 plays where our RBs ran right through the part of the line he *coughs* "controlled" *clears throat*. And there were a few times he didn't end up a play picking turf out of the back of his helmet. So I s'pose one could argue we didn't dominate them.

...if one has no hint of logical thought process happening.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Also could you imagine this. ND actually won't receive rings or anything for this season because they didn't win anything. They went 12-0 in the regular season, but they don't play a championship game so now all they have is a 12-1 record. I guess we would have been in the same boat last year if we didn't beat LSU.
Precisely, playing for ND has got to be one of the most empty and elusive goals out there. Those kids have nothing to show for their hardwork if they dont win the National Championship. If ND doesnt think that doesnt get used against them on the recruiting trail - they really are delirious. Their absolute refusal to join a conference - hurts them more than they know. I expect those players last night finally figured it out...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

Okay Nix, "they" did not dominate you. But Barrett Jones owned you. I don't remember seeing one double team all night. Krymsonman

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004

Who's Nix? Did the guy play? I don't remember him.....hmmmm. :biggrin:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

Precisely, playing for ND has got to be one of the most empty and elusive goals out there. Those kids have nothing to show for their hardwork if they dont win the National Championship. If ND doesnt think that doesnt get used against them on the recruiting trail - they really are delirious. Their absolute refusal to join a conference - hurts them more than they know. I expect those players last night finally figured it out...
You really are giving them too much credit!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

IIRC coming into the game ND hadn't allowed an 80 plus yard drive all season. How many did we end up with? Yes you were completely dominated Mr. Nix.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL

Notre Dame isn't giving Nix a proper education if he can't tell he and his teammates were dominated. Or maybe he was just concussed. I did notice Nix's use of LSU's "fake an injury to slow the offense down tactic". On the play he got injured, he was on the sideline, then walks to the middle of the field and falls down. A few plays later he's back in the game getting dominated. NCAA really needs to do something about that.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

If Colt wouldn't have got hurt... If we would have put Lee in over Jefferson... If we would have played the first half like we did the second...

Let them keep whining while we kiss our rings. :)
Texas would have won that game going away if only Colt hadn't sprained his cervix.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA

If Colt wouldn't have got hurt... If we would have put Lee in over Jefferson... If we would have played the first half like we did the second...

Let them keep whining while we kiss our rings. :)
In the words of Dandy Don Meredith, "If ifs and buts ​were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!" Roll Tide!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Notre Dame should have talked to Shane Falco. I know he worried about quicksand.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.