"It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Re: "It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

I was listening to Bill King this morning. I don't know who the guy was Bill was interviewing, some ND beat reporter, and the guy still claims ND has the best front 7 Bama's seen all year. I think ND is at best a middle of the pack SEC team. They lose to Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, and aTm.

In 2011 ND beat Navy 56-14. Maybe that's the score it takes to get dominated. 42-14 is just a woodshedding.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

Nix is getting annihilated on ESPN radio....

if you've given up 9 offensive TD's all year then give up 6 in one game you've been dominated
if you give up 4 80+ yard TD drives after not giving one up all season you've been dominated

perhaps Nix meant "we weren't dominated, we were embarrassed" and got partially misquoted? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Notre Dame should have talked to Shane Falco. I know he worried about quicksand.
And SPIDERS!
LOL In case anyone is wondering: Edit: oops policy violation. Sorry, got used to the TV version. The Replacements quicksand scene is one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD

Any of the Notre Dame players or fans who emphasize the singularity of last night's event are just trying to save face. If Alabama and Notre Dame played five times, Alabama would win five times.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

"They did not dominate us," Nix said. "We just didn't play our ballgame, man. We didn't make tackles. Everything we did or had lined up should have worked."
Nix is partially right. There was a good article on Bama's inside zone blocking scheme and how good our guys are at running it. If it's executed properly it always works.

Even though we're thought of as a power running team blocking technique is what our guys, especially BJ, do so well. If you look at the replay you'll see that our guards don't really double team as much as they nudge or brush block on their way up-field to block LB's. Our RB's are taught to run slightly parallel to the line of scrimmage then cut up-field into the hole.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012

If Colt wouldn't have got hurt... If we would have put Lee in over Jefferson... If we would have played the first half like we did the second...

Let them keep whining while we kiss our rings. :)
First, congrats on the win. I'm still pretty sick, and probably shouldn't be reading your site. In any event, we got stomped, and I am mostly upset with the coaching staff/game plan. You all played your best game of the season, yet showed why you deserve three out of the last four.

That being said, why do you care what our players said? Nix is a competitor. He didn't make an excuse. You are reaching here. This surely does not compare to saying if Colt had played, it would have been different, or if we played a different player it would have been different.

Whatever. I take refuge in the fact that I don't think anyone could have beaten you last night. I am glad that our team still fought through in the fourth quarter and didn't stop playing, and have hope for the future. Maybe hoping to see you guys back next year in Pasadena.

Last edited by a moderator:

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

Notre Dame isn't giving Nix a proper education if he can't tell he and his teammates were dominated. Or maybe he was just concussed. I did notice Nix's use of LSU's "fake an injury to slow the offense down tactic". On the play he got injured, he was on the sideline, then walks to the middle of the field and falls down. A few plays later he's back in the game getting dominated. NCAA really needs to do something about that.
Do something about what? Fake football players?

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

First, congrats on the win. I'm still pretty sick, and probably shouldn't be reading your site. In any event, we got stomped, and I am mostly upset with the coaching staff/game plan. You all played your best game of the season, yet showed why you deserve three out of the last four.

That being said, why do you care what our players said? Nix is a competitor. He didn't make an excuse. You are reaching here. This surely does not compare to saying if Colt had played, it would have been different, or if we played a different player it would have been different.

Whatever. You guys beat the sh** out of us. I take refuge in the fact that I don't think anyone could have beaten you last night. I am glad that our team still fought through in the fourth quarter and didn't stop playing, and have hope for the future. Maybe hoping to see you guys back next year in Pasadena.
So Nix didn't make an excuse? You are kidding aren't you?
"They did not dominate us," Nix said. "We just didn't play our ballgame, man. We didn't make tackles. Everything we did or had lined up should have worked."

Meet us in Pasadena next year? You aren't serious are you? Of course if there were a 16 team playoff you might make it to that. ND doesn't even belong in the top 20. There are 4 or more SEC teams that would beat ND down.
Just get over it. We have been beaten badly before also.
Oh, and don't forget the language asterisk rule.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Whatever. I take refuge in the fact that I don't think anyone could have beaten you last night. I am glad that our team still fought through in the fourth quarter and didn't stop playing, and have hope for the future. Maybe hoping to see you guys back next year in Pasadena.
Look, it's the NCG. Every little detail and every little remark of each player will be examined for weeks. We're used to it, even if you guys are not. BTW, Colt is correct - no profanity, obscenity or scatology, even disguised by characters...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

First, congrats on the win. I'm still pretty sick, and probably shouldn't be reading your site. In any event, we got stomped, and I am mostly upset with the coaching staff/game plan. You all played your best game of the season, yet showed why you deserve three out of the last four....

...Whatever. I take refuge in the fact that I don't think anyone could have beaten you last night. I am glad that our team still fought through in the fourth quarter and didn't stop playing, and have hope for the future. Maybe hoping to see you guys back next year in Pasadena.
Do you plan on buying tickets or just watch the game on TV? :wink: (j/k)
:biggrin2:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

It was Quick Sand, we know we went thru it this year but pulled out,just not quite in time.

You knock the coaches but how many tackes did they miss?

I think the cartoon ESPN played 100 times of Kelly on a bulldozer pushing a brick wall out from the goal line was way over the top. Now everyone has to be accountable for what they said before the game, especially players.

I did not think ND was that good & said so many times but was really glad we got the opportunity to play them for all the grief in the past.

Say what you will about Kelly, I thought he showed a lot of class. What do you really say when you are being embarrassed on one of the highest rated national TV shows of the year.

I hope you do make it back, we will see you there.

AngryEwok

All-SEC

We pick apart quotes, post-play. A player's opinion of the game is most interesting. Particularly if he got humiliated and won't admit it. Alabama has been there, before, we know the signs of a team that will suffer a loss versus a team that will avenge a loss.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

It was Quick Sand, we know we went thru it this year but pulled out,just not quite in time.

You knock the coaches but how many tackes did they miss?

I think the cartoon ESPN played 100 times of Kelly on a bulldozer pushing a brick wall out from the goal line was way over the top. Now everyone has to be accountable for what they said before the game, especially players.

I did not think ND was that good & said so many times but was really glad we got the opportunity to play them for all the grief in the past.

Say what you will about Kelly, I thought he showed a lot of class. What do you really say when you are being embarrassed on one of the highest rated national TV shows of the year.

I hope you do make it back, we will see you there.
I thought Kelly was a real hoot a halftime...he was obviously overwhelmed and didn't try to pretend otherwise.

I doubt Notre Dame will be in the big game again any time soon, but for conversation's sake, if at the end of 2013 there are multiple teams in contention to be in the Title Game, and one of those should be Notre Dame...

Their embarrassing showing this year might get them excluded if it's a close decision. The country might be overdosing on Bama success, but at least we show up ready to play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.