Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American RollTide1017's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: "It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

It's called big boy football Nix, learn to play it. I thought you had to be smart to go to that school.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I was listening to Bill King this morning. I don't know who the guy was Bill was interviewing, some ND beat reporter, and the guy still claims ND has the best front 7 Bama's seen all year. I think ND is at best a middle of the pack SEC team. They lose to Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, and aTm.

In 2011 ND beat Navy 56-14. Maybe that's the score it takes to get dominated. 42-14 is just a woodshedding.

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nix is getting annihilated on ESPN radio....

if you've given up 9 offensive TD's all year then give up 6 in one game you've been dominated
    if you give up 4 80+ yard TD drives after not giving one up all season you've been dominated

perhaps Nix meant "we weren't dominated, we were embarrassed" and got partially misquoted? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

"It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

I'm still not sure they know what went on last night. It hasn't sunk in. They weren't in quicksand. Bama just made it seem like it.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Notre Dame should have talked to Shane Falco. I know he worried about quicksand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    And SPIDERS!
    LOL In case anyone is wondering: Edit: oops policy violation. Sorry, got used to the TV version. The Replacements quicksand scene is one of my favorites.
    Last edited by mittman; January 8th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Rasputin;2088023]http://my.chicagotribune.com/#sectio.../p2p-73928097/

Thank goodness we didn't dominate them. If we had it would have been 100-0.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I'm still not sure they know what went on last night. It hasn't sunk in. They weren't in quicksand. Bama just made it seem like it.

If he watches the tape he'll realize real quick they got dominated.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

"It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    If he watches the tape he'll realize real quick they got dominated.
    I don't think he'll want to do that.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin4Bama View Post
    In the illustrious words of Mike Tyson:

"Everybody has a plan until...hmmmmm....tastes like chicken."
    FIFY
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Any of the Notre Dame players or fans who emphasize the singularity of last night's event are just trying to save face. If Alabama and Notre Dame played five times, Alabama would win five times.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Nix in denial.
    Yes.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    "They did not dominate us," Nix said. "We just didn't play our ballgame, man. We didn't make tackles. Everything we did or had lined up should have worked."
    Nix is partially right. There was a good article on Bama's inside zone blocking scheme and how good our guys are at running it. If it's executed properly it always works.

Even though we're thought of as a power running team blocking technique is what our guys, especially BJ, do so well. If you look at the replay you'll see that our guards don't really double team as much as they nudge or brush block on their way up-field to block LB's. Our RB's are taught to run slightly parallel to the line of scrimmage then cut up-field into the hole.

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    If Colt wouldn't have got hurt... If we would have put Lee in over Jefferson... If we would have played the first half like we did the second...

Let them keep whining while we kiss our rings.
    First, congrats on the win. I'm still pretty sick, and probably shouldn't be reading your site. In any event, we got stomped, and I am mostly upset with the coaching staff/game plan. You all played your best game of the season, yet showed why you deserve three out of the last four.

That being said, why do you care what our players said? Nix is a competitor. He didn't make an excuse. You are reaching here. This surely does not compare to saying if Colt had played, it would have been different, or if we played a different player it would have been different.

Whatever. I take refuge in the fact that I don't think anyone could have beaten you last night. I am glad that our team still fought through in the fourth quarter and didn't stop playing, and have hope for the future. Maybe hoping to see you guys back next year in Pasadena.
    Last edited by TIDE-HSV; January 8th, 2013 at 11:14 PM.