Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: "It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    Notre Dame isn't giving Nix a proper education if he can't tell he and his teammates were dominated. Or maybe he was just concussed. I did notice Nix's use of LSU's "fake an injury to slow the offense down tactic". On the play he got injured, he was on the sideline, then walks to the middle of the field and falls down. A few plays later he's back in the game getting dominated. NCAA really needs to do something about that.
    Do something about what? Fake football players?

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    First, congrats on the win. I'm still pretty sick, and probably shouldn't be reading your site. In any event, we got stomped, and I am mostly upset with the coaching staff/game plan. You all played your best game of the season, yet showed why you deserve three out of the last four.

That being said, why do you care what our players said? Nix is a competitor. He didn't make an excuse. You are reaching here. This surely does not compare to saying if Colt had played, it would have been different, or if we played a different player it would have been different.

Whatever. You guys beat the sh** out of us. I take refuge in the fact that I don't think anyone could have beaten you last night. I am glad that our team still fought through in the fourth quarter and didn't stop playing, and have hope for the future. Maybe hoping to see you guys back next year in Pasadena.
    So Nix didn't make an excuse? You are kidding aren't you?
    "They did not dominate us," Nix said. "We just didn't play our ballgame, man. We didn't make tackles. Everything we did or had lined up should have worked."

Meet us in Pasadena next year? You aren't serious are you? Of course if there were a 16 team playoff you might make it to that. ND doesn't even belong in the top 20. There are 4 or more SEC teams that would beat ND down.
    Just get over it. We have been beaten badly before also.
    Oh, and don't forget the language asterisk rule.

First, congrats on the win. I'm still pretty sick, and probably shouldn't be reading your site. In any event, we got stomped, and I am mostly upset with the coaching staff/game plan. You all played your best game of the season, yet showed why you deserve three out of the last four.

That being said, why do you care what our players said? Nix is a competitor. He didn't make an excuse. You are reaching here. This surely does not compare to saying if Colt had played, it would have been different, or if we played a different player it would have been different.

Whatever. I take refuge in the fact that I don't think anyone could have beaten you last night. I am glad that our team still fought through in the fourth quarter and didn't stop playing, and have hope for the future. Maybe hoping to see you guys back next year in Pasadena.
    Look, it's the NCG. Every little detail and every little remark of each player will be examined for weeks. We're used to it, even if you guys are not. BTW, Colt is correct - no profanity, obscenity or scatology, even disguised by characters...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

First, congrats on the win. I'm still pretty sick, and probably shouldn't be reading your site. In any event, we got stomped, and I am mostly upset with the coaching staff/game plan. You all played your best game of the season, yet showed why you deserve three out of the last four....

...Whatever. I take refuge in the fact that I don't think anyone could have beaten you last night. I am glad that our team still fought through in the fourth quarter and didn't stop playing, and have hope for the future. Maybe hoping to see you guys back next year in Pasadena.
    Do you plan on buying tickets or just watch the game on TV? (j/k)

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It was Quick Sand, we know we went thru it this year but pulled out,just not quite in time.

You knock the coaches but how many tackes did they miss?

I think the cartoon ESPN played 100 times of Kelly on a bulldozer pushing a brick wall out from the goal line was way over the top. Now everyone has to be accountable for what they said before the game, especially players.

I did not think ND was that good & said so many times but was really glad we got the opportunity to play them for all the grief in the past.

Say what you will about Kelly, I thought he showed a lot of class. What do you really say when you are being embarrassed on one of the highest rated national TV shows of the year.

I hope you do make it back, we will see you there.

My Mood
    Angry on TideFans.com

We pick apart quotes, post-play. A player's opinion of the game is most interesting. Particularly if he got humiliated and won't admit it. Alabama has been there, before, we know the signs of a team that will suffer a loss versus a team that will avenge a loss.

Nix also said Manny Pacquiao didn't get dominated in his last fight, but just didn't have a good night.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    It was Quick Sand, we know we went thru it this year but pulled out,just not quite in time.

You knock the coaches but how many tackes did they miss?

I think the cartoon ESPN played 100 times of Kelly on a bulldozer pushing a brick wall out from the goal line was way over the top. Now everyone has to be accountable for what they said before the game, especially players.

I did not think ND was that good & said so many times but was really glad we got the opportunity to play them for all the grief in the past.

Say what you will about Kelly, I thought he showed a lot of class. What do you really say when you are being embarrassed on one of the highest rated national TV shows of the year.

I hope you do make it back, we will see you there.
    I thought Kelly was a real hoot a halftime...he was obviously overwhelmed and didn't try to pretend otherwise.

I doubt Notre Dame will be in the big game again any time soon, but for conversation's sake, if at the end of 2013 there are multiple teams in contention to be in the Title Game, and one of those should be Notre Dame...

Their embarrassing showing this year might get them excluded if it's a close decision. The country might be overdosing on Bama success, but at least we show up ready to play.