"It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73928097/

"They're back-to-back national champs," Irish coach Brian Kelly said. "So that's what it looks like. Measure yourself against that, and it was pretty clear across the board what we have to do."
"We knew one team would break," Alabama defensive end Damion Square said, "and it wasn't going to be us."

"They did not dominate us," Nix said. "We just didn't play our ballgame, man. We didn't make tackles. Everything we did or had lined up should have worked."
In whatever context or interpretation, Alabama was destroying everything Notre Dame built over a brilliant season, stomping validation into a million little pieces.
"It felt like we were sinking in quicksand," guard Chris Watt said. "We couldn't get out of it."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: "It felt like we were sinking in quicksand and we couldn't get out of it!"

Nix in denial.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

We didn't dominate them huh? Then what was it called?

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

We didn't dominate them huh? Then what was it called?
I think he was just trying to be polite and not speak for the rest of the team. What he meant was, "man, all I can do is speak for myself's! They dominated me fo sho!"

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Nix and Te'o were non-factors. Now Nix wants to go all Taylor Martinez on us. PULEEZE. The only player on defense who I remember making tackles is #17.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

Louis Nix was going against a guy who had an injured foot and needs surgery this week. An injury that was considered season ending and Nix got schooled. Heck, the only guy to lay a hand on McCarron all night was Jones.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

Nix is right. Bama didn't dominate them. They HUMILIATED them. Dominate is too kind.

When you give up 7 yards per carry, you got OWNED!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

maybe colt mccoy can call nix and help him through his stages of grief

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

If Colt wouldn't have got hurt... If we would have put Lee in over Jefferson... If we would have played the first half like we did the second...

Let them keep whining while we kiss our rings. :)

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

Nix got nixed...

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

which game did Nix play in last night?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Nix is right. Bama didn't dominate them. They HUMILIATED them. Dominate is too kind.

When you give up 7 yards per carry, you got OWNED!
When you give up 7 ypc and the guy you're going against is a 300 pounder on a severely injured foot, you REALLY got owned!! Not as often as I'm sure we wanted to do, but BJ took on Nix 1 on 1 for a good # of plays.

To give ND some props, the rest of their players and the coach were classy and respectful in their comments.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Even their fans are in denial. From Irish Envy: This was frustrating to watch. Bama was a better team but not by that much.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Also could you imagine this. ND actually won't receive rings or anything for this season because they didn't win anything. They went 12-0 in the regular season, but they don't play a championship game so now all they have is a 12-1 record. I guess we would have been in the same boat last year if we didn't beat LSU.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

Also could you imagine this. ND actually won't receive rings or anything for this season because they didn't win anything. They went 12-0 in the regular season, but they don't play a championship game so now all they have is a 12-1 record. I guess we would have been in the same boat last year if we didn't beat LSU.

Heck, they can't even pull a Les and put #2 Nationally on their rings... #3/4 Nationally just doesn't command the same respect :cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.