Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

"I would have liked to see that defense play against the Oregon offense." -Urban Meyer

I'm sure over the off season we will hear more of the "what if" scenarios but it began immediately with Urban Meyer. You could tell it was like eating a feces sandwich for him to give his analysis of the game and having to say he was wrong about his prediction. But I guess in an attempt to save face he felt the need to inject his implied opinion that Oregon would have beaten Alabama last night with his above comments.

Listening to Mike & Mike in the morning I have to give credit to Mike Golic. He made it very clear that the SEC has EARNED the right to be called the best conference in the nation. That teams from the PAC 12, Big 12, Big 10, Big East, Notre Dame etc, have all had their shot on the big stage against SEC teams and all have failed. So all the "what if" stuff means absolutely nothing. Thank you Mike Golic.

Roll Tide!

Enjoy it Brethren!!! We're national champs again Tide Fans!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! #15
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; January 8th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

Well I'd like to see O for Auburn Urban still at Florida, but he left to watch his kids grow up. I know kids grow fast nowadays but really - his kids grew up, graduated high school & college & got married in ONE YEAR?
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

BamaNation All-American

Re: Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    "I would have liked to see that defense play against the Oregon offense." -Urban Meyer

I'm sure over the off season we will hear more of the "what if" scenarios but it began immediately with Urban Meyer. You could tell it was like eating a feces sandwich for him to give his analysis of the game and having to say he was wrong about his prediction. But I guess in an attempt to save face he felt the need to inject his implied opinion that Oregon would have beaten Alabama last night with his above comments.

Listening to Mike & Mike in the morning I have to give credit to Mike Golic. He made it very clear that the SEC has EARNED the right to be called the best conference in the nation. That teams from the PAC12, Big12, Big10, Big East, Notre Dame etc, have all had their shot on the big stage against SEC teams and all have failed. So all the "what if" stuff means absolutely nothing. Thank you Mike Golic.

Roll Tide!

Enjoy it Brethren!!! We're national champs again Tide Fans!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! #15
    Urban Meyer is a believer in the virtues of the spread offense...so naturally he thinks that a spread team will always beat a pro set team...

and most of the country that watched the game last night would disagree with him this morning.

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    Urban Meyer is a believer in the virtues of the spread offense...so naturally he thinks that a spread team will always beat a pro set team...

and most of the country that watched the game last night would disagree with him this morning.
    I am one who disagrees with him.....
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

BamaNation First Team WalkaboutSean's Avatar

I couldn't believe that Urban picked Notre Dame. By the 2nd quarter of the game, he looked like a complete fool.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WalkaboutSean View Post
    I couldn't believe that Urban picked Notre Dame. By the 2nd quarter of the game, he looked like a complete fool.
    it's because urban's a conceited jerk and he can't fathom that there's a coach out there that's so much better than himself. saban literally ran him out of the conference and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Word. Word. And word. Urban can stroke out on the grandest of stages for all I care.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

He coached at the Dome I believe. Doesn't excuse the fact that he still ran from a challenge.
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Super Moderator

CUM, IMO, was having to digest a tough pill last night. Not only is there the past, but there's the future. OSU is going to have a good team next year and it's very possible they might run the table. I think CUM saw that had OSU been there last night, they'd have been demolished... and wonders what next year will look like if both teams hook up.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nick Saban literally made him QUIT. He is a bitter old fool now. I hope we get the opportunity in the future to PROCESS Urban again.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

Anything that has to do with this Cat shouldn't even be discussed. He took a great win by Bama and tried to turn it on itself. He is the one college football coach I can't stand.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I can't believe nobody on the set with Urban asked him about his direct experience recovering after a trademark Saban beatdown.

"Coach, you've been there...what's it like going into a huge game thinking you will be competitive only to see your team demolished by the Saban process?"
    Last edited by Chukker Veteran; January 8th, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Urban, Urban...didn't he used to coach somewhere? Or was he Pope? Whatever became of that guy? I can't keep up w/ all the use-to-be's any more.
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban