Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Re: Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

He was the worst part of the broadcast; worse than even Holtz. His pettiness and contempt for CNS was on full display.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Re: Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    If I had to guess it was probably because all the accolades he was giving Bama pre-game. Sumlin seemed to make no bones about who and why was going to win the game. Not enough ND love coming from him I guess.
    Hate that I missed it, anyone have a link?

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I watched Mike & Mike on ESPN. I have to say I was surprised and pleased at the way he gave Alabama its due for the dismantling of ND. In addition, he really humanized the loss by ND as he talked about his two sons on the team -- one a 5th yr senior and the other a 4th year senior. I have to say this segment was very powerful.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    I watched Mike & Mike on ESPN. I have to say I was surprised and pleased at the way he gave Alabama its due for the dismantling of ND. In addition, he really humanized the loss by ND as he talked about his two sons on the team -- one a 5th yr senior and the other a 4th year senior. I have to say this segment was very powerful.
    The good thing about Golic is he actually played the game. He's a real athlete. Not some journalist who though loves sports and wish he could have been great, never played anything past t-ball. Golic understands that sometimes you just aren't as good as your opponent. So rather than blustering up excuses and side stepping the obvious. He just said it like was and moved on. Good dude.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Well I'd like to see O for Auburn Urban still at Florida, but he left to watch his kids grow up. I know kids grow fast nowadays but really - his kids grew up, graduated high school & college & got married in ONE YEAR?
    I pity those Meyer kids. They had one year with Daddy before he abandoned them again.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ValuJet View Post
    I pity those Meyer kids. They had one year with Daddy before he abandoned them again.
    But, but, but they give him a list everyday of what's important...
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've had all Mike Golic I can stomach. I got up to watch him eat crow. He took a large helping but he had no choice.

These unabashed Domers like Golic and Lou Holtz drive me crazy. I thought Lou was going to cry and make his spray on tan run. Rece Davis and Todd Blackledge are the classy guys. You'd never know where they went to school and that's how it should be. I don't mind a guy being for his school, but Golic and Holtz are homers. It only makes it worse that they are for ND. No other school gets away with that.

Back on topic, I may be the only Bama fan that likes Urban Meyer. I watched him at Utah and Florida and have a lot of respect for him. I give him the benefit of the doubt for leaving coaching because of health issues and then deciding he had to get back in. It reminds me of Brett Farve.

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    it's because urban's a conceited jerk and he can't fathom that there's a coach out there that's so much better than himself. saban literally ran him out of the conference and no one will ever convince me otherwise.
    DEAD ON- biggest phony going and he thinks everyone else is a moron and we can't figure out his deal.

My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Well I'd like to see O for Auburn Urban still at Florida, but he left to watch his kids grow up. I know kids grow fast nowadays but really - his kids grew up, graduated high school & college & got married in ONE YEAR?
    It's those steroids he has his family on, that's why he got back into coaching so fast!

'This Is Crimson Tide Football'
    Where The A Says It All!

ROLL~TIDE~ROLL
    This Above All: To thine own self be TRUE!
    [William Shakespeare - (Hamlet)]

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    I've had all Mike Golic I can stomach. I got up to watch him eat crow. He took a large helping but he had no choice.

These unabashed Domers like Golic and Lou Holtz drive me crazy. I thought Lou was going to cry and make his spray on tan run. Rece Davis and Todd Blackledge are the classy guys. You'd never know where they went to school and that's how it should be. I don't mind a guy being for his school, but Golic and Holtz are homers. It only makes it worse that they are for ND. No other school gets away with that.

Back on topic, I may be the only Bama fan that likes Urban Meyer. I watched him at Utah and Florida and have a lot of respect for him. I give him the benefit of the doubt for leaving coaching because of health issues and then deciding he had to get back in. It reminds me of Brett Farve.

What about the other half of Meyer's excuse...that he wanted to spend more time with his family? Then he's broadcasting games for ESPN every week. Did his family disappear or was it exactly what "davefrat" said? That he was scared of Saban. Figured he could go to Ohio St, rule the Big 10 and then take his chances in only 1 game against the SEC. It's so obvious

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

[B]So all the "what if" stuff means absolutely nothing.
    As usual...

You can usually spot a loser pretty quick. They love to deal in excuses, what ifs and hypothetical situations.

The good thing about Golic is he actually played the game. He's a real athlete. Not some journalist who though loves sports and wish he could have been great, never played anything past t-ball. Golic understands that sometimes you just aren't as good as your opponent. So rather than blustering up excuses and side stepping the obvious. He just said it like was and moved on. Good dude.
    I was only able to listen to about 10 minutes of the Mike n' Mike show this morning, but the Golic part that I heard enhanced my respect for the man. He is obviously a huge Notre Dame loyalist, but he was giving Alabama full credit for dominating his team.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WalkaboutSean View Post
    I couldn't believe that Urban picked Notre Dame. By the 2nd quarter of the game, he looked like a complete fool.
    In the same company of Holtz and Lee Corso. Now there's a couple of guys you want to be associated with.