Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Re: Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

Quote Originally Posted by Bhammer View Post
    In the same company of Holtz and Lee Corso. Now there's a couple of guys you want to be associated with.

At least Holtz has a built in excuse and I can't dislike Corso after all he has been through.

2. Advertisement

Re: Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    At least Holtz has a built in excuse and I can't dislike Corso after all he has been through.
    I felt very sorry for Corso last night and the fact that he's so disabled they could only bring him on for the last hour before the game. You could tell he was having to work hard to get his thoughts and words right. He's a clown and I don't have any hard feelings for him - just hate to see him in this shape...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Didn't really see his post game, but at half time I thought Meyer was pretty fair. He said what Notre Dame needed to do, and that he didn't think they could do it. That we were just the better team. Desmond seemed to really be enjoying watching the Domers getting handled.
    I'm a lead farmer

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WalkaboutSean View Post
    I couldn't believe that Urban picked Notre Dame. By the 2nd quarter of the game, he looked like a complete fool.
    That's because he is a complete FOOL.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation Second Team CaptainTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Am I the only one who kinda likes Urban Meyer? He's a cool guy and a great coach, IMO.
    I would like to meet tOSU next season and process him again, though, of course.

Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTide View Post
    Am I the only one who kinda likes Urban Meyer? He's a cool guy and a great coach, IMO.
    Yes, you are. Ha.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Urban is and always has been a jerk. I think it made him a little "sick" to see Bama up close again.

Corso just wanted to dress like a leprechaun IMO. Pretty dang funny too.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Urban Meyer cannot hide his hatred for Alabama or Nick Saban plain and simple.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Just like 40 years ago, these northern schools band together against southern schools. CUM was out of place at FL. Plain & simple he wanted to get back home.

His opinion is no different than most up there with Blackledge & Herbie clearly different.

Bo JCkson said it best in that they can say what they want about the south but we know how to play football.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTide View Post
    I don't know what to think of him as a person yet, but he is a great head coach. Not "Saban" great, but Saban may be the best ever. He really disappointed me with his half-time and post-game comments. Even as an analyst he found it hard to be gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I felt very sorry for Corso last night and the fact that he's so disabled they could only bring him on for the last hour before the game. You could tell he was having to work hard to get his thoughts and words right. He's a clown and I don't have any hard feelings for him - just hate to see him in this shape...
    Same here - I have always enjoyed what he brought to the Gameday program. He is light-hearted and having fun. A shame to see him (or anyone else) in this condition.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I don't know what to think of him as a person yet, but he is a great head coach. Not "Saban" great, but Saban may be the best ever. He really disappointed me with his half-time and post-game comments. Even as an analyst he found it hard to be gracious.
    You've been a good guy around here, so I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you straight up, don't expect to hear many positive remarks as it relates to Urbz now or in the future. Most of us respect what he has done as a head coach, pretty hard to argue that, but as a human being, he lacks a lot to be desired.
    RIP Hub

The expression on his face at the end of the game told it all. He looked like he was sitting on a board of nails.