Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

I heard about ten words out of Urban's mouth before I hit the mute button.
    I heard him say that it would be a low-scoring game, likely not many points scored in the first quarter.
    Actually, he was projecting his wishes on his prognosticating.
    It was as if watching ND beat us would've been football pron for him.

I respect what he accomplished at UF and he's made a major impact on the Ohio S program thus far.

I hope it's Alabama vs. Ohio State next year for all the marbles.
    Maybe we can knock him out of football again!?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Re: Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

If college football was Tombstone, Urban Meyer would be Ike Clanton.

My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Did anyone else notice the jab CNS took at Meyer in the post game interview with Fowler, Herbstreit & Pollack? Priceless.

It's around the 1:07 mark

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I had respect for Urban Meyer during his time at Florida. Now...not so much. As for his comments I also would like to see Alabama play Oregon and see if we shut them down just as good as Stanford did or even better.

If one thing bothers me about college football it's the constant "what if" scenarios that people keep bringing up. 'What if' doesn't win games, 'what if' doesn't win Championships. Playing the games you're given and winning those games are what matter, nothing else. If Urban is upset that Alabama is constantly winning he just needs to be honest about it and stop acting like a child.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation Second Team CaptainTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dvldog View Post
    Yes, you are. Ha.
    Well, excuse me if I actually give people a chance...
    I mean really, come on, looking at the hate that's being thrown around at Meyer in this thread is kind of...wow to me.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I don't know what to think of him as a person yet, but he is a great head coach. Not "Saban" great, but Saban may be the best ever. He really disappointed me with his half-time and post-game comments. Even as an analyst he found it hard to be gracious.
    I've gotta say, then, kudos to you for being able to stick around on a board where there's quite a bit of bias against teams like Ohio State.
    As I've said before, I would love for Bama to play OSU sometime. It'd be a great game, especially with Meyer as the coach.
    Last edited by CaptainTide; January 9th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Trust me if anyone has a bone to pick with Coach Meyer it would be all of us Florida Gators for the fiasco we went through in 2010 - his last season for us when we went 7-5.

But regardless of his actions and his remarks, the fact remains he can flat out coach as demonstrated by his lifetime FBS record of 116-23 --- 7-1 in bowl games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Meyer

Taking tOSU to 12-0 this year is something to admire.

I am happy for him that he is back doing what he wants to do.

Life goes on....

Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Urban was Sabanated...Processed...What ever you want to call it.......etc.......
    He hopes he never faces CNS ever again.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Captain Tide, I stated earlier in the thread that I have a lot of respect for Urban Meyer.

Maybe I'm wrong. I thought Urban Meyer was having panic attacks and was advised to get out of coaching. I'd love to spend more time with my family, but I have a job I love, even though it's high stress with long hours, and so I keep working. I'm near retirement age and have no desire to leave. If my doctor told me I needed to get away I would, but with hesitation.

I thought this was what happened to Urban. Didn't he give up a lot of responsibilities his last year at Florida, the year the Gators went 7-5? Wouldn't that tell a prideful man the team is better off with someone who can give the Gators more time?

At what point do you guys draw the line at when Urban says he's getting out of football to spend more time with his family? Being an ESPN analyst is not a high stress job and keeps a lifelong coach in football. He probably did get to spend a lot more time with his family than when he was head coach at Florida. Spending more time with your family does not mean you spend all of your time with your family.

Another dream job opens and Urban feels like he can handle the pressure better now. I would assume he talked to his doctor(s) and was advised one way or the other. He's an Ohio native so he takes tOSU job.

One thing's for certain ... the guy is a great football coach and a winner. I don't thing for a minute that he's scared of Nick Saban. Great coaches just aren't wired that way.

Some of these opinions I'm reading seem very prejudiced by people that developed a hatred for Urban Meyer when he was beating Alabama. I hate losing to Florida, but this is character assassination for no good reason.

What am I missing?

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post

What am I missing?
    That he tucked tail and ran when the tide turned leaving the Florida players and assistant coaches holding the rope while using his health and family as a thin excuse to cover up the fact that he couldn't hack it when he had some strong competition. He followed that by not taking much time to prove he was lying about the family part of his excuse.

Meanwhile years later our coach is still called Satan & a liar for one comment that he was cornered into making.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

I have a feeling CNS will put UM back in his place in a couple of season. You watch and see when he's weaving baskets in the funny farm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

I would like to remind coach that a very pedestrian Auburn defense--which was statistically one of the worst in program history--held that high powered Oregon offense to less than 20 points.

What does he think they could possibly accomplish against the ferocity of a REAL SEC defense?

My answer: Look what LSU did to'em last season.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

The Pontiff doesn't bother me much. I take him for what he is....great ball coach, whiny girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Some of these opinions I'm reading seem very prejudiced by people that developed a hatred for Urban Meyer when he was beating Alabama. I hate losing to Florida, but this is character assassination for no good reason.
    He was overall 2-3 versus Bama. 1-1 against Shula, 1-2 against Saban. 2005 through 2010.

Dead wrong regarding character assassination.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.