Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
"I would have liked to see that defense play against the Oregon offense." -Urban Meyer

I'm sure over the off season we will hear more of the "what if" scenarios but it began immediately with Urban Meyer. You could tell it was like eating a feces sandwich for him to give his analysis of the game and having to say he was wrong about his prediction. But I guess in an attempt to save face he felt the need to inject his implied opinion that Oregon would have beaten Alabama last night with his above comments.

Listening to Mike & Mike in the morning I have to give credit to Mike Golic. He made it very clear that the SEC has EARNED the right to be called the best conference in the nation. That teams from the PAC 12, Big 12, Big 10, Big East, Notre Dame etc, have all had their shot on the big stage against SEC teams and all have failed. So all the "what if" stuff means absolutely nothing. Thank you Mike Golic.

Roll Tide!

Enjoy it Brethren!!! We're national champs again Tide Fans!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! #15

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well I'd like to see O for Auburn Urban still at Florida, but he left to watch his kids grow up. I know kids grow fast nowadays but really - his kids grew up, graduated high school & college & got married in ONE YEAR?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
"I would have liked to see that defense play against the Oregon offense." -Urban Meyer

I'm sure over the off season we will hear more of the "what if" scenarios but it began immediately with Urban Meyer. You could tell it was like eating a feces sandwich for him to give his analysis of the game and having to say he was wrong about his prediction. But I guess in an attempt to save face he felt the need to inject his implied opinion that Oregon would have beaten Alabama last night with his above comments.

Listening to Mike & Mike in the morning I have to give credit to Mike Golic. He made it very clear that the SEC has EARNED the right to be called the best conference in the nation. That teams from the PAC12, Big12, Big10, Big East, Notre Dame etc, have all had their shot on the big stage against SEC teams and all have failed. So all the "what if" stuff means absolutely nothing. Thank you Mike Golic.

Roll Tide!

Enjoy it Brethren!!! We're national champs again Tide Fans!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! #15
Urban Meyer is a believer in the virtues of the spread offense...so naturally he thinks that a spread team will always beat a pro set team...

and most of the country that watched the game last night would disagree with him this morning.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I couldn't believe that Urban picked Notre Dame. By the 2nd quarter of the game, he looked like a complete fool.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I couldn't believe that Urban picked Notre Dame. By the 2nd quarter of the game, he looked like a complete fool.
it's because urban's a conceited jerk and he can't fathom that there's a coach out there that's so much better than himself. saban literally ran him out of the conference and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
CUM, IMO, was having to digest a tough pill last night. Not only is there the past, but there's the future. OSU is going to have a good team next year and it's very possible they might run the table. I think CUM saw that had OSU been there last night, they'd have been demolished... and wonders what next year will look like if both teams hook up.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I can't believe nobody on the set with Urban asked him about his direct experience recovering after a trademark Saban beatdown.

"Coach, you've been there...what's it like going into a huge game thinking you will be competitive only to see your team demolished by the Saban process?"

Last edited:

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Yes and the media hasn't called him on it either...if it was CNS, the media would never stop talking about it.

Well I'd like to see O for Auburn Urban still at Florida, but he left to watch his kids grow up. I know kids grow fast nowadays but really - his kids grew up, graduated high school & college & got married in ONE YEAR?

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Urban's tone was one of my favorite parts of the game. He wanted to give back whatever they paid him, click his heels together, and go home. But instead he had to come up with stuff to say about Nick Saban, whom he now envies more than any person should envy. Remember, Urban (thanks to Tebow) hoisted the crystal two years out of three, so last night any thought of him being the best coach was crushed.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Urban has been forever "Processed" as far as I'm concerned..Couldn't care less as too what he thinks or says..Go take your Xanax Urban & just shut the heck up..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.