Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Skip Bayless - Big Serving of CROW -- I hope Stephen A GIVES IT TO HIM BIG TIME

The "other argument" appears to be the "body of work" or "merit" award, which lends itself to Notre Dame playing in the 2013 BCSNCG instead of Oregon, Texas A&M, etc. In a playoff, ND may have gotten in (because of a good season, which you want to reward and that's fine) but would have been eliminated in an earlier round of the playoffs. A team that lostone or two games (aTm, Bama) but persevered and even improved may well be the best team at the end of the season. This is, to me, the better scenario. To me the "best team" is the team that, if put on a neutral team, would beat every other team. In your scenario ND deserved to be in the title game, but I do not think they qualify as the "best team"... a playoff system would more accurately determine the best team. Will upsets happen? Sure. It's okay in basketball. Why not football too?

2. Advertisement

Re: Skip Bayless - Big Serving of CROW -- I hope Stephen A GIVES IT TO HIM BIG TIME

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    The "other argument" appears to be the "body of work" or "merit" award, which lends itself to Notre Dame playing in the 2013 BCSNCG instead of Oregon, Texas A&M, etc.
    So, you're seriously saying Notre Dame, the undefeated regular season team that beat the Big 12 champion (blew them out) and the Pac-12 champion (that beat Oregon), and beat some of the best teams the Big 10 had to offer didn't belong in that championship game? Are you kidding me? Of course they belonged in that game, they earned it. We might as well just not play the regular season with the ridiculousness you are spouting.

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Skip Bayless - Big Serving of CROW -- I hope Stephen A GIVES IT TO HIM BIG TIME

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    So, you're seriously saying Notre Dame, the undefeated regular season team that beat the Big 12 champion (blew them out) and the Pac-12 champion (that beat Oregon), and beat some of the best teams the Big 10 had to offer didn't belong in that championship game? Are you kidding me? Of course they belonged in that game, they earned it. We might as well just not play the regular season with the ridiculousness you are spouting.
    Krazy, I agree with you completely. Unfortunately this debate will never end. Some people see a playoff as the ultimate scenario, others look at the entire body of work. There truly is no perfect system (not saying you thought there was)

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Yeah, Brando brought up the aTm game this morning. He's using last night's beat down as his explanation as to why he can't objectively say that Alabama is the best team in college football. Because they dominated the Irish yet lost at home to aTm and also in light of how aTm finished the season.

I guess aTm's two losses never happened. I guess their one win against us eliminates those two losses. Makes sense.....
    My rebuttal to this would be how many BCS champions have gone undefeated. I have not looked it up but I don't think it is more than 3 or 4. Using Timmy's logic 11 or 12 BCS champs are undeserving. What a nut job!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Skip Bayless - Big Serving of CROW -- I hope Stephen A GIVES IT TO HIM BIG TIME

I thought this was about Skip!
    ROLL TIDE!

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    My rebuttal to this would be how many BCS champions have gone undefeated. I have not looked it up but I don't think it is more than 3 or 4. Using Timmy's logic 11 or 12 BCS champs are undeserving. What a nut job!!!!
    He's an LSU homer. He has to lie to himself so he doesn't have to face the reality that Alabama is a freakin monster again. He remembers the Bryant years and doesn't want to relive them.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-SEC

If you only watch pro sports it is. It tells us that 10-6 is better than 16-0, even if 16-0 already beat 10-6. It says being best really means best in a moment, not during a season.

Basically, I reject your notion of "best".
    I doubt that the playoffs will cause us much concern, to be honest

....Saban always has the guys playing their best football at the end of the season, and 4 teams gives us two more chances of getting into the game.

and, Saban has shown that there isnt a better big game coach in college football.

9 teams have ran the table and won the BCSNCG.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    He's an LSU homer. He has to lie to himself so he doesn't have to face the reality that Alabama is a freakin monster again. He remembers the Bryant years and doesn't want to relive them.
    whether Tim Brando thinks Bama is the best team or not...the majority says 'yes they are', and the latest crystal ball's new address is Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

...i wont be losing any sleep over what he 'thinks'.

This isn't Skip but was on First Take. Hope the link works. I got it off of facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=679441078060

BamaNation First Team

Oklahoma was a co-champ with K-State because of K-State's loss to Baylor. I'd say K-State is the real Big 12 champ seeing how they beat Oklahoma on the field.

Yes. Oregon is better than ND. So is Texas A&M. I am saying that in hypothetical a four-team playoff of Bama, ND, and those two teams, ND would have been weeded out in the "first round". Note that I did include Notre Dame in the scenario. I agree that they deserve it. Please tone down your venom toward me. I have done nothing to cause you to take such an adversarial tone. Roll Tide, my friend. I mean you no harm.

I will disengage. Sorry to take the thread off topic. Apologies to all.