Skip Bayless - Big Serving of CROW -- I hope Stephen A GIVES IT TO HIM BIG TIME

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless

I am about to eat a big plate of crow, 10am E, EsPN2. Come watch Stephen A gloat!
last night

Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless

I haven't been so wrong about a game since USC named the score against my OU Sooners in the 2005 title game on this same field.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
I hate that sorry pile of dung......

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yeah, Brando brought up the aTm game this morning. He's using last night's beat down as his explanation as to why he can't objectively say that Alabama is the best team in college football. Because they dominated the Irish yet lost at home to aTm and also in light of how aTm finished the season.

I guess aTm's two losses never happened. I guess their one win against us eliminates those two losses. Makes sense.....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Yeah, Brando brought up the aTm game this morning. He's using last night's beat down as his explanation as to why he can't objectively say that Alabama is the best team in college football. Because they dominated the Irish yet lost at home to aTm and also in light of how aTm finished the season.

I guess aTm's two losses never happened. I guess their one win against us eliminates those two losses. Makes sense.....
OR LSU should be champions because they beat A&M........

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

Yeah. If we use that logic, we should have just ended the football season right there and declared A&M instant champions...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Welcome to the playoff mentality. The playoff mentality says a teams body of work isn't what matters, how they are playing at the end of the season is all that matters.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
What got me is Bayless talked about how Manzeil and TAMu ran over us and the game was a blowout. Ugh... What were the stats and score after the first quarter? Seems that after the first they did not do too well against us. A rare interception that probably should have been a run at the goal line was what cost us that game.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Isn't that the definition of "best team"?
If you only watch pro sports it is. It tells us that 10-6 is better than 16-0, even if 16-0 already beat 10-6. It says being best really means best in a moment, not during a season.

Basically, I reject your notion of "best".

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The "other argument" appears to be the "body of work" or "merit" award, which lends itself to Notre Dame playing in the 2013 BCSNCG instead of Oregon, Texas A&M, etc. In a playoff, ND may have gotten in (because of a good season, which you want to reward and that's fine) but would have been eliminated in an earlier round of the playoffs. A team that lostone or two games (aTm, Bama) but persevered and even improved may well be the best team at the end of the season. This is, to me, the better scenario. To me the "best team" is the team that, if put on a neutral team, would beat every other team. In your scenario ND deserved to be in the title game, but I do not think they qualify as the "best team"... a playoff system would more accurately determine the best team. Will upsets happen? Sure. It's okay in basketball. Why not football too?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The "other argument" appears to be the "body of work" or "merit" award, which lends itself to Notre Dame playing in the 2013 BCSNCG instead of Oregon, Texas A&M, etc.
So, you're seriously saying Notre Dame, the undefeated regular season team that beat the Big 12 champion (blew them out) and the Pac-12 champion (that beat Oregon), and beat some of the best teams the Big 10 had to offer didn't belong in that championship game? Are you kidding me? Of course they belonged in that game, they earned it. We might as well just not play the regular season with the ridiculousness you are spouting.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
So, you're seriously saying Notre Dame, the undefeated regular season team that beat the Big 12 champion (blew them out) and the Pac-12 champion (that beat Oregon), and beat some of the best teams the Big 10 had to offer didn't belong in that championship game? Are you kidding me? Of course they belonged in that game, they earned it. We might as well just not play the regular season with the ridiculousness you are spouting.
Krazy, I agree with you completely. Unfortunately this debate will never end. Some people see a playoff as the ultimate scenario, others look at the entire body of work. There truly is no perfect system (not saying you thought there was)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

My rebuttal to this would be how many BCS champions have gone undefeated. I have not looked it up but I don't think it is more than 3 or 4. Using Timmy's logic 11 or 12 BCS champs are undeserving. What a nut job!!!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My rebuttal to this would be how many BCS champions have gone undefeated. I have not looked it up but I don't think it is more than 3 or 4. Using Timmy's logic 11 or 12 BCS champs are undeserving. What a nut job!!!!
He's an LSU homer. He has to lie to himself so he doesn't have to face the reality that Alabama is a freakin monster again. He remembers the Bryant years and doesn't want to relive them.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
If you only watch pro sports it is. It tells us that 10-6 is better than 16-0, even if 16-0 already beat 10-6. It says being best really means best in a moment, not during a season.

Basically, I reject your notion of "best".
I doubt that the playoffs will cause us much concern, to be honest

....Saban always has the guys playing their best football at the end of the season, and 4 teams gives us two more chances of getting into the game.

and, Saban has shown that there isnt a better big game coach in college football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.