Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

ATTN MEDIA, re: Christion Jones "fumble" on the punt return

I have read article after article, heard or watched multiple expert interviews, and during the live telecast...are you guys even paying attention? The official's ruling was that the returner was impeded while trying to field the ball. An example would be being as close as being at the guy's elbow, which the ND player was. It does not have to be contact to the player, just being in close will draw the flag. Can you expert members of the media grasp that and quit making yourself look completely ignorant?

Sorry TideFans, had to get that off my chest...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: ATTN MEDIA, re: Christion Jones "fumble" on the punt return

Speaking of ignorant, I overheard a barner complaining of "all the blown calls" to a guy who was having none of it. It was hilarious.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

We could have given them the ball on our five yard line and I don't think it would have mattered. Their defense was completely over matched by our entire offense. All we would have had to do was stop their offense one time and the game would have been over at that point. Their defense was simply no match for our offense.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Both teams had catches that were called out-of-bounds and were debatable, so that's a wash. The "fumbled" punt is what seems to be drawing the disdain of the media, and it's making them looking stupid.

personally thought it was a bad call. yes it CAN be called legally but there's a ton of them all year that don't get whistled. it didn't change anything at all other than being 28-3 HT instead of 28-0

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I'm with buzzard, we could have let them scoop and score on that play and guess what? We STILL would have smoked them. Just means it's 35-7 in the 3rd instead of zip.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    personally thought it was a bad call. yes it CAN be called legally but there's a ton of them all year that don't get whistled. it didn't change anything at all other than being 28-3 HT instead of 28-0
    No, I think you've got it all wrong. That one call caused Notre Dame's entire defense to fail the rest of the game. That one call hindered ND's offense to get anything going. That one call is what made Manta ray or whatever his name is have his worst performance of his collegiate career. I don't think you realize how devastating that one call was. You might need to check yourself......hoss.

The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

personally thought it was a bad call. yes it CAN be called legally but there's a ton of them all year that don't get whistled.
    Can you cite an example? Especially one where it resulted in a turnover as was ignored?

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ATTN MEDIA, re: Christion Jones "fumble" on the punt return

Quote Originally Posted by bamahippie View Post
    I have read article after article, heard or watched multiple expert interviews, and during the live telecast...are you guys even paying attention? The official's ruling was that the returner was impeded while trying to field the ball. An example would be being as close as being at the guy's elbow, which the ND player was. It does not have to be contact to the player, just being in close will draw the flag. Can you expert members of the media grasp that and quit making yourself look completely ignorant?

Sorry TideFans, had to get that off my chest...
    You're right, it was a call like this in the Michigan game. No contact has to be made. I think it was a new rule this year.
    ROLL TIDE!

We had the same flag on jones before. I think the LSU game, the guy didn't touch him, but he came within that "range" of interfering. It was a good call, they even said on the TV that he didn't have to touch him.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Speaking of ignorant, I overheard a barner complaining of "all the blown calls" to a guy who was having none of it. It was hilarious.
    An Auburn friend of mine said the same thing on FB last night. I replied, "Red Elephant Club strikes again." He backed off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    An Auburn friend of mine said the same thing on FB last night. I replied, "Red Elephant Club strikes again." He backed off.
    This is where the problems always begin
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

What I recall most clearly was that Musburger invited their expert official to interpret the call. He stated that the rule did not require the defender to touch the returner for interference to be called. Musburger essentially dismissed the expert by saying that was his "opinion". Well, gee Mushy, that's why ESPN hired him. When is ESPN going to get rid of this idiot?