Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ATTN MEDIA, re: Christion Jones "fumble" on the punt return

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    As a fan, if that call goes against your team, you are angry. I get it. But in a game in which one team was completely owned by the other you just let it go.
    A more legitimate beef for Notre Dame would be that their player was blocked into the receiver. It may be like "running into the kicker" though where it is a strict liabilty penalty and it doesn't matter if it was unintentional or not your fault.

Like some others have pointed out, it would be interesting to know which player the penalty was called on. It may have been on the guy that was too quick to pounce on the receiver once he bobbled the ball.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I'm with buzzard, we could have let them scoop and score on that play and guess what? We STILL would have smoked them. Just means it's 35-7 in the 3rd instead of zip.
    And actually, there are Irish fans that would agree with that. Too many of them know that they were just outplayed overall.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

ATTN MEDIA, re: Christion Jones "fumble" on the punt return

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    If they're going to cry about that flag, then they need to cry about that roughing the passer they called on us which gave ND their first TD. He barely touched Golson.
    Nah, it was the correct call. It looked like he head butted him.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go ahead and break this down since no one else is willing to call it like it is:

* Bad call on the punt return fumble recovery. Moral victory result: touchdown Notre Dame! Adjusted score: 42-21.
    * Cheating Bama paid the refs. Eifert caught that ball inbounds! Moral victory result: touchdown Notre Dame plus 3 bonus "morale points"! Adjusted score: 42-31.
    * Oversigning evil! Take away a field goal from Bama. Adjusted score: 39-31.
    * Notre Dame has such strict academic standards for its athletes unlike the SEC. Award 2.8 Rhodes Scholar points to Notre Dame! Adjusted score: 39-33.8.
    * Cousins who reside in mobile homes. Remove 2 points from Bama's tally. Adjusted score: 37-33.8.
    * Colt's shoulder. 0.1 points. FINAL SCORE AS IT SHOULD BE IN A JUST WORLD: 37-33.9.

If you add it all up, it was almost a moral victory for the Irish!

[Note: the previous text was written in sarcasm font.]

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Be Good Or Be Gone

I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Innocent on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Nah, it was the correct call. It looked like he head butted him.
    The helmets touched, it wasn't a headbutt. The qb didnt even react to it. They need to stop calling incidental contact to the helmet when the qb can't even feel it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

ATTN MEDIA, re: Christion Jones "fumble" on the punt return

Quote Originally Posted by gmart74 View Post
    The helmets touched, it wasn't a headbutt. The qb didnt even react to it. They need to stop calling incidental contact to the helmet when the qb can't even feel it.
    I agree. I felt it was, but it wasn't flagrant and they could have let it go. But with things nowadays they are protecting the QB.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpenny View Post
    What I recall most clearly was that Musburger invited their expert official to interpret the call. He stated that the rule did not require the defender to touch the returner for interference to be called. Musburger essentially dismissed the expert by saying that was his "opinion". Well, gee Mushy, that's why ESPN hired him. When is ESPN going to get rid of this idiot?
    I think ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney. Is it possible that he can be used by either network? Did you hear his apology today about the his comments made about A J's girlfriend. At my age I can't remember them, but I think maybe ABC/ESPN wrote it???? If this is in another thread, forgive please.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gmart74 View Post
    I believe the reason they called it..and IMO, it look like he launched...although I do agree it was just a love tap...

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by badpenny View Post
    What I recall most clearly was that Musburger invited their expert official to interpret the call. He stated that the rule did not require the defender to touch the returner for interference to be called. Musburger essentially dismissed the expert by saying that was his "opinion". Well, gee Mushy, that's why ESPN hired him. When is ESPN going to get rid of this idiot?
    I don't think he is "their" expert..got this off his bio on a website...

Redding is now the CFO National Coordinator and Secretary-Rules Editor to the NCAA Football Rules Committee. He and his wife Shirley live in Birmingham, Alabama.

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

After Watching the replay twice, the flag wasn't thrown when the ND player Belue blocked ran by Jones. It was thrown when the second ND player ran into Jones when he was trying to secure the ball.

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    After Watching the replay twice, the flag wasn't thrown when the ND player Belue blocked ran by Jones. It was thrown when the second ND player ran into Jones when he was trying to secure the ball.
    Right. Like I said earlier in the thread, since CJ called for a fair catch he has a right to the ball until it hits the ground. The second Notre dame player impeded his chance to make the catch.

BamaNation First Team Lassr4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    I finally saw the replay and I didn't notice it Monday night but you are right on. It wasn't so much the first ND that was within 1 yard but the other ND player (#8) caught the ball before the ball hit the ground. A fair catch is not over until the ball touches the ground even if it is bobbled. You will see the flag come in after the 2nd ND player touches it.
    Last edited by Lassr4Bama; January 9th, 2013 at 07:39 PM.