Five Man Front

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
What did yall think about the pass rush last night after we went more to a five man front to prevent the run? It seems to me we dont get enough pocket penetration and with our corners left in man coverage, we just didnt do a very good job. It seems like our edge rushers are too careful not to run past the qb which is important but we dont seem to collapse the pocket very well thereby giving Golson too much time to throw.(Think Mansell too). This concerns me for next year. Granted our D will be more seasoned but seems to be a weak part of our game. How does CNS fix it? Roll Tide.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
What did yall think about the pass rush last night after we went more to a five man front to prevent the run? It seems to me we dont get enough pocket penetration and with our corners left in man coverage, we just didnt do a very good job. It seems like our edge rushers are too careful not to run past the qb which is important but we dont seem to collapse the pocket very well thereby giving Golson too much time to throw.(Think Mansell too). This concerns me for next year. Granted our D will be more seasoned but seems to be a weak part of our game. How does CNS fix it? Roll Tide.
the game plan was to keep Golson in the pocket

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
it was the game plan

after manziel got wide to make plays they made sure golson wasn't getting outside of the pocket

not saying our pass rush was good this year at all but the game plan worked perfectly yesterday. smart knew golson couldn't beat us in the pocket, only outside the pocket

the Crimson Tide wants to keep Golson in the pocket as much as it wants to sack him.
“Up front, if (we) can play with pass rush discipline, they’re going to give us an opportunity to affect him with coverage or affect him with pressure,” UA defensive coordinator Kirby Smart said

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
the game plan was to keep Golson in the pocket
it was the template for how to play a mobile QB, and we'll see it next season against Johnny Manzeil.

you dont want to press past them , because then they have running lanes, just pressure enough to make them make a play with their arm, and hopefully affect their ability to scan the coverage for an extended amoutn of time.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
I mean I gotta credit Golson as he had a quick release not allowing a significant push but it seems like we need to do a lot better over the summer creating more pressure on the edges and our dbs need to do a little better finding the ball.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I mean I gotta credit Golson as he had a quick release not allowing a significant push but it seems like we need to do a lot better over the summer creating more pressure on the edges and our dbs need to do a little better finding the ball.
we're never going to win it all unless we learn how to play defense better ;)

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
we're never going to win it all unless we learn how to play defense better ;)
lol, Im not talking just about winning. My son was yelling at me too after ND scored. He said, "dad, we're killing em.....chill out". I wanna dominate! LOL

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't credit Golson with much of anything. You should give it a break. You're pretty transparent...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.